Re: [sawsmith] Drive belt

  • grandpadon47@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 24, 2010
      You still haven't got that off Ben? WOW How long has it been? Did you try WD40 or something like that around the shaft? I would have to see it to see what could be done. grandpadon in Missouri

      From: grandpadon47@... <grandpadon47@...>
      Subject: [sawsmith] Drive belt
      To: sawsmith@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, September 24, 2010, 12:48 AM

      if you go to the posts and search for belt, the number will be there for the shopsmith belt. if you can't find it let me know and i will find it, oh and welcome to the group.  grandpadon in Missouri

    • micahbarr@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 18, 2014

        My drive belt broke a few weeks ago, and I have not been able to find a suitable alternative. I'm thinking of using an emergency belt that can be made any size. Has anyone used this solution? If not does anyone have a line on replacement belts?

        Thanks,

        Micah Barr

      • grandpadon47
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 18, 2014

          If you do a search of belt or belts you will see what others have done.

          That I know of no one has found a v-belt that fits. Others have used link belt with numerous places to buy them.

          grandpadon in Missouri