Re: Has anyone bought the patent plans?

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 3 6:19 AM
      If you go to the FILE section on this page you can down load the entire plans my saw was on its last leg and thin I fond another saw for 25.00 up the road from me that was in good condition. So I bought it and exchanged parts on the two to make an almost new working saw. The plans came in very helpful and show you everything all the way down to aligning everything.

      --- In sawsmith@yahoogroups.com, "Aaron" <amnc21@...> wrote:

      > Patent place USA has the Sawsmith plans for sale, as I am sure most of you have seen. The description says that as an owner of 3 sawsmiths they can reassure that these are worth the money, $12.95.
      >
      > I am wondering if anyone has found them to be useful, and how?
      >
      > --Aaron

    • Frank Guros
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 4 4:27 PM
        Chris,
        You mentioned FILE on this page for downloading. But I could not find the file you refered to.
        Frank

        If you go to the FILE section on this page you can down load the entire plans my saw was on its last leg and thin I fond another saw for 25.00 up the road from me that was in good condition. So I bought it and exchanged parts on the two to make an almost new working saw. The plans came in very helpful and show you everything all the way down to aligning everything.

        --- In sawsmith@yahoogroup s.com, "Aaron" <amnc21@...> wrote:

        > Patent place USA has the Sawsmith plans for sale, as I am sure most of you have seen. The description says that as an owner of 3 sawsmiths they can reassure that these are worth the money, $12.95.
        >
        > I am wondering if anyone has found them to be useful, and how?
        >
        > --Aaron

      • Aaron
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 21 5:04 PM
          Having received no advice against the patent plans I went ahead and bought them. Get a look at the cover page with this link http://www.patentplaceusa.com/servlet/the-28473/SAWSMITH-Radial-Arm-Saw%2C/Detail. The web page example is low resolution for display. The real deal is as crisp as if you took a drafting pen to a fresh sheet of 80 lb bond.

          There are about 18 drawings and five pages of text that reference every part in the saw by number in a narrative that explains how it works. Gets thick at times, but a lot of fun to read and refer to the diagrams. It shows the parts in section fully assembled, which is a great partner to the spare parts diagram's exploded view.

          I will not be posting these in our Files section because this is Jandy and Scott's business, selling patent copies. They did a top notch job in cleaning the originals to remove all unintended dots, lines, smudges and other marks that accumulate on copies of copies of copies. They print on good heavy stock paper and send it in a simple binder. For my own use I am going to make paper photocopies so I can have a set to use in the shop and keep the good one clean in the house.

          For what they put into making these packets and what they charge:
          Sub-Total: $12.99
          Shipping: $2.99 (USPS First Class)

          Patent Place USA Total: $15.98

          ...they are almost giving these away.

          --- In sawsmith@yahoogroups.com, Frank Guros <fnguros@...> wrote:

          > Chris,
          > You mentioned FILE on this page for downloading. But I could not find the file you refered to.
          > Frank

        • Brian Frobisher
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 21 5:23 PM
            If you click on the hyperlink and it does not load or comes up with a 404 error, just remove the . at the end of the URL, there is a . right behind Detail
            Having received no advice against the patent plans I went ahead and bought them. Get a look at the cover page with this link http://www.patentpl aceusa.com/ servlet/the- 28473/SAWSMITH- Radial-Arm- Saw%2C/Detail. The web page example is low resolution for display. The real deal is as crisp as if you took a drafting pen to a fresh sheet of 80 lb bond.

            There are about 18 drawings and five pages of text that reference every part in the saw by number in a narrative that explains how it works. Gets thick at times, but a lot of fun to read and refer to the diagrams. It shows the parts in section fully assembled, which is a great partner to the spare parts diagram's exploded view.

            I will not be posting these in our Files section because this is Jandy and Scott's business, selling patent copies. They did a top notch job in cleaning the originals to remove all unintended dots, lines, smudges and other marks that accumulate on copies of copies of copies. They print on good heavy stock paper and send it in a simple binder. For my own use I am going to make paper photocopies so I can have a set to use in the shop and keep the good one clean in the house.

            For what they put into making these packets and what they charge:
            Sub-Total: $12.99
            Shipping: $2.99 (USPS First Class)

            Patent Place USA Total: $15.98

            ...they are almost giving these away.

            --- In sawsmith@yahoogroup s.com, Frank Guros <fnguros@... > wrote:

            > Chris,
            > You mentioned FILE on this page for downloading. But I could not find the file you refered to.
            > Frank

          • thedovetailjoint
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 23 9:33 AM
              Hey Aaron,
              Thanks for supporting our business and we're glad you enjoy the prints. I've been a member of the Sawsmith group for some time and try not to self-promote, but you are right about this particular patent art print. My bride Jandy is the real brains behind PatentPlaceUSA.com, and she has spent hundreds, if not thousands of hours over the past few years on locating and restoring these prints. Brian is correct about the link you posted. It might be easier for folks to simply go to PatentPlaceUSA.com and search for either Sawsmith or Shopsmith.
              Thanks again for the feedback! Scott