New High King on Tara.

  • Carmel Diviney
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31 3:50 AM
      When I read this first I thought it was a light hearted joke but when you read the website carefully it isnt a joke at all, it is Very serious.

      Sacral Kingship trivialised for monetary gain.

      The Meath Chronicle gives statements by various Councillors who didnt give a flying monkey’s ass about the M3 destruction, lauding the event and more concerned with the park ‘n ride facilities......

      They’ll even pay air fares for overseas participants – instead of fixing the potholes.

      Personally I think it would be a great event if the wording were changed and no crowning.

    • Carmel Diviney
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 31 5:17 AM
        Sent similar to Meath Chronicle and all sponsors of this farce.

        Dear Sir/Madam,

        I view with interest what is already fast becoming a contentious event with the "crowning" of a new High King at Tara. Having read the website thoroughly I would like to suggest a re wording of the event as, while games and competition etc are to be welcomed, the trivialisation of Sacral Kingship is not. Tara has already suffered the M3 destruction, surely that was enough desecration for one millennia.

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 31 8:05 AM
          I must definitely have to cry foul on this one. They are holding a "coronation"? And they are crowning someone based on completing some challenges and obstacle courses? Really? They might as well crown anyone who wins Wipeout, that's how stupid this is.

          Since I started my research into my family tree, I have traced my descent, through the MacLaughlin Clan, male and female lines, to many Kings of the Tuatha of Alieach, including numerous High Kings, like High King Aed Findliath mac Neill within whom two lines of descent from Niall of the Nine Hostages merge. Then I continued all the way to Niall of the Nine Hostages himself on both lines and then beyond to Conn of the Hundred Battles, Eochu Feidlech, and finally Aengus Turbech. Of course anything beyond Niall of the Nine Hostages must be viewed with a grain of salt.

          Anyway, my point is that if nothing else, this gives me a right to voice my opposition to this farce. The High Kingship is a serious responsibility and cannot be taken lightly. Certainly not to be used for commerical gain. Looks like Capitalism knows no bounds. If there is to be a High King, it must be a serious affair, or else it is better to leave the throne be, lest it open a seriously bad can of worms. There was almost always constant war over the High Kingship. It makes Game of Thrones look like a picnic.

          I don't know what more to say on this but if they go through with this, I will most certainly oppose it. It makes it possible for just about anyone to claim the High Kingship.

          Colm

          When I read this first I thought it was a light hearted joke but when you read the website carefully it isnt a joke at all, it is Very serious.

          Sacral Kingship trivialised for monetary gain.

          The Meath Chronicle gives statements by various Councillors who didnt give a flying monkey’s ass about the M3 destruction, lauding the event and more concerned with the park ‘n ride facilities......

          They’ll even pay air fares for overseas participants – instead of fixing the potholes.

          Personally I think it would be a great event if the wording were changed and no crowning.

          Please support the Twin Towers Alliance and the campaign to rebuild the Twin Towers by going to: www.twintowersalliance.com
        • Dr. Muireann Ni Bhrolchain
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 31 9:27 AM
            Hi Carmel, etc, Good for you, I'm at a loss as to what to say, the foolishness and stupidity of these people just beggars my belief at this stage. But one very important detail, 'crowning' in itself is a fallacy, there was never a coronation of an Irish king, there are no crowns so even their historical accuracy is suspect.
            Will start writing ...
            Muireann