Re: [savetara.com] Facebook

  • Carmel Diviney
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 1, 2012
      Hi Muireann, Brenda,

      Its a real pity they took away the ability to share the links with non facebook users but I guess that’s to get more people to join. I think FB is how most people I know communicate now and it was definitely a surprise to me to find how many Tara campaigners were on there when I joined. Going by this list I dont blame you for feeling alone. I only ever get a reply to posts when someone is giving out and of course you dont hear from them when you do anything good. Winking smile Except for the odd one or two pillars who endure and support to the end that is. FB is great because there is plenty of feedback and discussion and for that reason I really love it. Its a great place to share and learn so do try again – its worth it Smile Get one of those kids with their ipads to help you onto FB and once you get used to it, its easy peasy Smile

      This list is great as a record too – the whole history of the campaign is here and that is not possible to do on FB which is more for topical of the day sort of things really.

      Lovely to hear from you Brenda and I’d definitely be up for meeting with you ladies and anyone else from back in the day too  Smile

      Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2012 12:47 AM
      Subject: Re: [savetara.com] Facebook

      And so good to hear from you too! Some of us should meet up, its been too long. FB is both a curse and a great resource! Meet soon? Muireann

      --- In mailto:savetara%40yahoogroups.com, "Brenda Ferris" <brendaferris@...> wrote:

      > Thanks
      Muireann,
      > Still healthy and working hard with my students with ASD. Glad
      to hear you are ok too. Will try again to join facebook, most of my kids have i pads now!! so even for work, never mind interests, I need to get more connected. But it is very frustrating when you spend so much time, and it is probably a simple mistake or omission,
      > Grrrr! so crosss!!!!!!!!!!!.

      Brenda

      Wednesday, October 31, 2012 11:21 PM
      > To:
      href="mailto:savetara%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:savetara%40yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: Re: [savetara.com] Facebook

      Hi Brenda, good to hear from you, FB is usually quite easy to join, what do you find Carmel? We have been keeping this going as well but we are mostly on FB. We are all still here anyway and you are not old! Hope all is ok with you. Muireann

      href="https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.418794401508995.103418.100001353151810&type=3#">https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.418794401508995.103418.100001353151810&type=3#!/media/set/?set=a.418794401508995.103418.100001353151810&type=3

      href="mailto:savetara%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:savetara%40yahoogroups.com, "Carmel Diviney" <carmeldiviney@> wrote:

      > > Went to
      this last night and obviously hadnt read the blurb properly as I didnt realise Mary Deevey Chief Archaeologist for the M3 Motorway would be speaking or I wouldn't have paid â,¬5.00 in! It was soooooooooo boring and someone even fell asleep loudly snoring at the back LOL

      > > For some reason
      I expected to hear about hidden calendars and magic in the jewellery and clothes, but there was precious little of that. Then a question and answer time afterwards someone asked about Lismullin Henge.

      > > "Well
      first of all we couldnt call it a henge - that brings Stonehenge to mind..." Ya what now?

      > > What was found there?" came another
      question. " Absolutely nothing. It was Preposterous!" She answered with big emphasis on the word PREPOSTEROUS. This drew a loud sharp intake of breath from yours truly at which she began to list a number of things that were found. I wanted to hit her. Then JP asked her what she knew about Roestown and why the authorities had denied any knowledge of it when he knew it was there from the 70's when he was employed by the OPW to do drainage work on the river beside it. She began to list off all the names of famed archaeologists and surveys etc and said that none of them had listed it - ridiculing him. He proceeded to tell her that they discovered it when they bulldozed the tops off the sousterrains and were able to go down into them - walking from one to the other. The OPW told them to infill it in again and so they did and they left it be. Then Mary Deevey was taken aback because she admitted " Well actually we did wonder w!hy there were no tops on the sousterrains. Do you happen to know of any other monuments and if so please report them so that they can be protected!" Yeah right Mary whatever. Nice one JP. It only got interesting at the end.

      > > She also brought up the recently discovered "new" site at Tara and went on
      about how new sites are still being discovered at Tara even though it is the most investigated site in the country. Treasa piped up that it it not actually on Tara but 630m SW of Tara and that we had been to visit it. She didnt know that :) She also didnt know that there were archaeological investigations going on at Rath Meabh nor did she know wat the law was regarding the recent felling of trees at the Rath.

      > > All in all a waste of a fiver
      except for the questons at the end. Looking forward to the next lecture on Telltown to be given by Gerard Dwowling. I'd never sit through another lecture by that pompous bitch again - PLUS she's so boring she'd put the Vicar to sleep.

      href="http://www.lismullin.ie/index.php/events/unlocking-the-code-hidden-messages-in-medieval-jewelery-and-dress">http://www.lismullin.ie/index.php/events/unlocking-the-code-hidden-messages-in-medieval-jewelery-and-dress

    • Roibeard McElroy
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 1, 2012
        Hi Brenda,

        FB as with other social media and applications on the web can be frustrating to set up etc if it keeps on not validating your registration. But yes as Carmel says, ask one of your students to do it for you. It's probably are very small thing that you're omitting.

        Regards from Roibeard

        To: savetara@yahoogroups.com

        Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2012 12:47 AM

        And so good to hear from you too! Some of us should meet up, its been too long. FB is both a curse and a great resource! Meet soon? Muireann

        --- In mailto:savetara%40yahoogroups.com, "Brenda Ferris" <brendaferris@...> wrote:

        > Thanks Muireann,
        > Still healthy and working hard with my students with ASD. Glad to hear you are ok too. Will try again to join facebook, most of my kids have i pads now!! so even for work, never mind interests, I need to get more connected. But it is very frustrating when you spend so much time, and it is probably a simple mistake or omission,
        > Grrrr! so crosss!!!!!!!!!!!.
        > Brenda

      • Brenda Ferris
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 1, 2012
          Thanks Roibeard, I'll try again this evening- that's exactly what it did, it kept on not validating. And i even read all the policies and conditions of use!!!
          How are you, and hopefully you are still writing?
          Brenda

          Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2012 1:29 PM

          To: savetara@yahoogroups.com

          Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2012 12:47 AM

          href="https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.418794401508995.103418.100001353151810&type=3#" target=_blank>https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.418794401508995.103418.100001353151810&type=3#!/media/set/?set=a.418794401508995.103418.100001353151810&type=3

          > --- In
          href="mailto:savetara%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:savetara%40yahoogroups.com, "Carmel Diviney" <carmeldiviney@> wrote:

          > > Went to
          this last night and obviously hadnt read the blurb properly as I didnt realise Mary Deevey Chief Archaeologist for the M3 Motorway would be speaking or I wouldn't have paid â,¬5.00 in! It was soooooooooo boring and someone even fell asleep loudly snoring at the back LOL

          > > For some reason
          I expected to hear about hidden calendars and magic in the jewellery and clothes, but there was precious little of that. Then a question and answer time afterwards someone asked about Lismullin Henge.

          > > "Well
          first of all we couldnt call it a henge - that brings Stonehenge to mind..." Ya what now?

          > > What was found there?" came another
          question. " Absolutely nothing. It was Preposterous!" She answered with big emphasis on the word PREPOSTEROUS. This drew a loud sharp intake of breath from yours truly at which she began to list a number of things that were found. I wanted to hit her. Then JP asked her what she knew about Roestown and why the authorities had denied any knowledge of it when he knew it was there from the 70's when he was employed by the OPW to do drainage work on the river beside it. She began to list off all the names of famed archaeologists and surveys etc and said that none of them had listed it - ridiculing him. He proceeded to tell her that they discovered it when they bulldozed the tops off the sousterrains and were able to go down into them - walking from one to the other. The OPW told them to infill it in again and so they did and they left it be. Then Mary Deevey was taken aback because she admitted " Well actually we did wonder w!hy there were no tops on the sousterrains. Do you happen to know of any other monuments and if so please report them so that they can be protected!" Yeah right Mary whatever. Nice one JP. It only got interesting at the end.

          > > She also brought up the recently discovered "new" site at Tara and went on
          about how new sites are still being discovered at Tara even though it is the most investigated site in the country. Treasa piped up that it it not actually on Tara but 630m SW of Tara and that we had been to visit it. She didnt know that :) She also didnt know that there were archaeological investigations going on at Rath Meabh nor did she know wat the law was regarding the recent felling of trees at the Rath.

          > > All in all a waste of a fiver
          except for the questons at the end. Looking forward to the next lecture on Telltown to be given by Gerard Dwowling. I'd never sit through another lecture by that pompous bitch again - PLUS she's so boring she'd put the Vicar to sleep.

          href="http://www.lismullin.ie/index.php/events/unlocking-the-code-hidden-messages-in-medieval-jewelery-and-dress" target=_blank>http://www.lismullin.ie/index.php/events/unlocking-the-code-hidden-messages-in-medieval-jewelery-and-dress

        • Brenda Ferris
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 1, 2012
            Hi Carmel, and thanks for taking the time to reply. I'd love to meet up, interested in your book, it is a great idea. When I think of how much blood sweat and tears were spent by a small number of very dedicated people in those few years...
            Perhaps not meet in Ardboyne or Newgrange!!!!!
            Too many memories of difficult and frustrating times, and yet a lot of good hard work done in spite of that. Great to hear that JP still trying to make them listen to sense and reason.
            Brenda

            Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2012 12:47 AM

            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 4, 2012
              Hope you had better luck Brenda! My long awaited book about Languedoc and the area of Rennes-le-chateau was published on september 1 and I still write many different things.

              Roibeard

              To: savetara@yahoogroups.com
              From: brendaferris@...
              Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 20:44:13 +0000