Hill of Tara Lecture Series

  • Carmel Diviney
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 5, 2011
       Reminder:

      This lecture series begins Wed at 8pm with 'The Boyne: river, goddess and place-making' by Dr. Muireann Ní Bhrolcháin, NUI Maynooth.

      Cant wait! Details at the link below.

    • priestess_pan@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 6, 2011
        Dia daiobh a chairde,
        Could this be made as a podcast perhaps for all us across the pond who can't attend? This would be ever so grand!
        Go raibh maigh agat!
        Síabhra
      • Dr. Muireann Ni Bhrolchain
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 6, 2011
          Not sure about that but I know that the talks will be filmed - first
          time for this series. I'm hoping to publish mine, fingers crossed!

          On 06/07/2011 17:45, priestess_pan@... wrote:
          > Dia daiobh a chairde,
          > Could this be made as a podcast perhaps for all us across the pond who can't attend? This would be ever so grand!
          > Go raibh maigh agat!
          > Síabhra

        • Carmel Diviney
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 27, 2012

            Hill of Tara Lecture Series - Wednesdays in July 2012
            Customs, Curses & Calamities

            12th Annual Tara Lecture Series
            Hill of Tara Visitor Centre
            Wednesdays in July at 8.00pm.
            Free of Charge

            July 4th

            'There is no Curse, they say, as bad as a Widow’s Curse'
            – The Widow’s Curse in Irish Folklore and History
            by Ian O Loinsigh, UCD Folklore Dept

            July 11th

            The End of the World was Nigh! Fearing an Apocalypse in AD1000
            by Professor Tadhg O’Keeffe, UCD School of Archaeology

            July 18th

            'The World outside Us'
            Expressions of Folk Custom and Belief in the Irish Tradition
            by Jonny Dillon, UCD Folklore Dept

            July 25th

            'The End is Nigh-Or is it?' Should you worry about 'Armageddon'
            on December 21st 2012?
            by Terry Moseley, Irish Astronomical Association

            Come Early as Seats are Limited!