Samhain Feis

  • Carmel Diviney
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2010

      Hi all,

      Many thanks to everyone for a really great night at Tara on Saturday. It was a wonderful sharing of poetry and music and easily 100 people showed up at the height of the night to appreciate the performances. Musician Oliver Tennison kicked off the night with a selection of hornpipes and jigs before the first of the Poets, Celtic Poet Roibeard Mc Elroy recited and also sang for us. With the appreciative crowd well warmed up the acts alternated between Poets and Musicians with most returning to the stage for encores throughout the night. Fia Rua, Peadar O Ceallaigh, Tara’s Bard Kyrie Murray, Morag, Chelo (who sang in Catalan) , Liam Mc Cluskey, Fheilim from Navan and Harpist Laoise Kelly all received a huge reception. At one point six musicians played at once and Fire Dancers led by Lisa Dunne provided a fiery spectacular behind them.

      All of the performances were top class, better than our wildest expectations. Heartfelt thanks to all of you. Sincere thanks also to everyone who turned up in attendance, to the Fire Keepers, the people who erected the Marquee and everyone who brought food to share, it was a real banquet!. The night showcased three launches in total, Kyrie Murray’s new book of Poems called Summer Solstice along with albums “Ceis “from Laoise Kelly and “ Falling Time” by Fia Rua.

      Kyrie Murray’s Summer Solstice:
      http://www.theauthorsfriend.com/catalogue/titles/summer....html

      Fia Rua’s Album Launch Tour Dates:
      http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=103243739742717&i...dex=1

      Laoise will play The Cobblestone , Smithfield , Dublin as guest of Na Píobairí Uilleann the Pipers club 2nd November.
      http://laoisekelly.ie/web/music/ceis

      I would also like to thank Fheilm for his wonderful and original rendition of “Dempsey Has No Balls” which drew squeals of laughter and applause, wish I could buy that too! No matter how bad things get, if we can still have nights like that one and celebrate our culture with such music, song, satire and humour as we enjoyed on Saturday, we will have a lot.

      PHOTOS: Apologies for quality of pics, new camera and not used to the settings but if anyone has any good ones they would like to share, please feel free :) Thank you.

      Carmel

      http://www.petitiononline.com/taraeire/petition.html
      Please sign the Petition and pass it on.