Re: [savetara.com] Tara on TV

  • Brenda Ferris
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 30, 2009
      I am sorry I have been so quiet for a while now, but when I look out my back window and see the Gabhra under concrete, I am speechless,

      Brenda
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 3, 2009
        --- In savetara@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Muireann Ni Bhrolchain" <muireann@...> wrote:

        > Thanks for writing that up Carmel, I was at Tara today for the first
        > time in over a year, my only visits to Meath in the past while were to
        > the courts of Navan and Trim. I had never returned to Lismullen,
        > Collierstown or Baronstown - until today. I had never seen the crib
        > wall, the road sweeping over the henge, the access road that was the
        > cause of Collierstown's destruction, the horrible bridge at Baronstown.
        > I brought a camera, but the last thing I wanted was to take photographs
        > and I didn't. I was going to carry on up to Ardsallagh and Dowdstown but
        > I couldn't bring myself to see any further or any more. And I never want
        > to go back again.

        Hi Muireann,

        I know how you feel. You were like I and many others have been many times before but in my case I thought I was becoming immune. Just when I thought I had let out my last gasp of disbelief on the M3 I went on up to Dowdstown two days later and actually thought I had taken a wrong turn. It's completely unrecognisable. They have done a massive amount of work there in a short time.

        Brenda I cant imagine how soul crushing it must be to be able to see it from your home.

        Carmel
      • Brenda Ferris
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 4, 2009
          Thanks Carmel,

          I know it is hard for everyone. I'm thinking particularly at the moment about the direct action who lived at Rath Lugh for months, and those coming and going from Tara. They probably knew the place inch by inch, in all weathers and seasons, better than anybody else, so very tough on them.

          Brenda
          > Thanks for writing that up Carmel, I was at Tara today for the first
          > time in over a year, my only visits to Meath in the past while were to
          > the courts of Navan and Trim. I had never returned to Lismullen,
          > Collierstown or Baronstown - until today. I had never seen the crib
          > wall, the road sweeping over the henge, the access road that was the
          > cause of Collierstown' s destruction, the horrible bridge at Baronstown.
          > I brought a camera, but the last thing I wanted was to take photographs
          > and I didn't. I was going to carry on up to Ardsallagh and Dowdstown but
          > I couldn't bring myself to see any further or any more. And I never want
          > to go back again.

          Hi Muireann,

          I know how you feel. You were like I and many others have been many times before but in my case I thought I was becoming immune. Just when I thought I had let out my last gasp of disbelief on the M3 I went on up to Dowdstown two days later and actually thought I had taken a wrong turn. It's completely unrecognisable. They have done a massive amount of work there in a short time.

          Brenda I cant imagine how soul crushing it must be to be able to see it from your home.

          Carmel

        • ether.ashe
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 5, 2009
            The sh**t hurts don't it?

            -----

            I have never been so damaged by anything in this very hard life, until I witnessed - in spread out, systematically orchestrated, completely stolid and mechanistic intervals - the annihilation of so much pertinent and powerfully archetypical monuments, all of which were so profoundly important to so much of humanity. And the worst part was that so few Irishmen (and women) cared at all about what was lost.

            "Build us a new highway!" was what most of them said. Mini-America. How tragic.

            And it all went down so few years after Ireland gained it's freedom from centuries of tyranny. So few years after myth, legend, history and spirit kept Ireland a hair's length from falling into the abyss of ultimate conquest. It's too ridiculous and tragic to even consider.

            Anything is possible now for the super-thugs. Gut a nation, gut a history, gut a mythology, gut a world. Easy.

            Send my best to Kiery. I will remember him, and all the others who stood, always.

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 5, 2009
              I remember - December, 2006 - when the only direct action on Rath Lugh was Hugh. Lovely Hugh. Black dirty beard and sinew and hope.

              He stayed in the woods - a place he was so decicated to preserve - by himself for two or three rain-soaked days, acting as a sentinal, stealing chain-saws out of the trucks of lone contactors, who were hired to do the initial cutting. Then, covered with mud, shivering like a poor soul who had never known the warmth of a fire, he would saunter back into the vigil camp - the lone teepee then - ask for a spud to eat, ask a few questions about news and plans for action, and then disappear into the dark, wet night again. He looked to me, like a fairy woods-soul himself. And he fought to preserve that forest with such ferocity, such veracity that I wondered if he might have been born there centuries ago, and perhaps lived there still in a small dark cairn, emerging only to save the sacred land that few remembered.

              I have never met anyone as brave and selfless as Hugh, except for Squeek. I always felt like a coward and a charlatan standing near either of them.