      To: savetara@yahoogroups.com
      From: carmeldiviney@...
      Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 18:26:50 +0100
      Subject: Re: [savetara.com] crowning a High King

      And finally, if it were stated anywhere on that website that this was pageantry there wouldn't have been a problem. People who prefer to open old wounds instead of healing them and avoiding new ones should know that I offered to be involved with this event when I was approached first and it was me who suggested the pageantry end of it when they hadn't even thought of it yet. I was asked to go on the organising commt. today and I was going to help until I saw your letter to Save Tara today now they can all go swing cos I have done my stint and I got feck all thanks for it. Good luck. Hope it goes well.
      Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2013 6:15 PM

      Roibeard can well defend his political views, no better man.
      Awareness initiatives that we utilised besides the last ditch Direct Action occupation of heritage sites, blockading, digger diving, tree platforms, tunnel etc
      Leafletting Campaigns,
      Letter writing campaigns,
      Petitions- several
      Marches- several
      Banner Protests- constant
      Press releases, countless
      TV and Radio programmes, several
      GPO info stall /leaflets, petitions, dozens
      Music Festivals around the country – info stall/leaflets/petitions/  two whole years
      Two double Tara Muisc CDs
      Constant presence on Indymedia.
      None of these were funded by The Gtahering, we funded them ourselves. I personally sank thousands into it – as did others!
      I could go on and on. Believe me, writing a book about it brings it all back up as fresh as a daisy. I’m battered and bruised all over again.
      As for the other matter, while I am still at liberty to prosecute the person/s responsible for the lies against me via their disgusting internet campaign I will refrain from speaking about it on any public forum ilthough I do so with very great strength of will indeed. You can speak to me personally.
      Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2013 4:17 PM

      Dear Mr McElroy,

      You seem to be confusing Republicanism with Nationalism.  An unfortunately common misunderstanding.

      Also, yes I am aware of the human harp photo.

      And yes it is  "an inauthentic, superficial and banal unfurling of 'A new High King'" that’s the whole point - it's a piece of theater.  This is a Living History Event.

      I did not mean to imply that all protesters were deliberately damaging to the site but I believe a significant enough portion did damage enough to justify my comments.

      (response from Fran DeVenney)