"UNITY?" By Broward County, FL's Suzanne Gunzburger's son.

  • JBOYLE10@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 1 , May 26, 2001
      Dear Ron, I love your Mother, and have enjoyed your columns.  Despite the
      fact you didn't eat breakfast at my restaurant on Las Olas, I will let it go,
      since we're not open for breakfast.  I loved the statement you made below.
      Truer words may never have been written.  Please give your Mother a hug for
      me? Thanks, Janet

      UNITY?

      At breakfast at the Floridian diner on Thanksgiving morning -- before we all
      headed over to Courtroom 6780 of the Broward County Courthouse -- my friend
      Dana and I were joined for a while by GOP Chair Ed Pozzuoli. After we joked
      for a little while about the whole mess, I told Eddie that I still believe
      that all Americans need to unite behind the winner -- whomever it ultimately
      is -- for the sake of giving legitimacy and moral authority to our next
      President. Eddie's answer: "I agree 100% -- so long as it's Bush." What if
      Gore becomes President? "I will not accept Al Gore as President and I don't
      care what damage it does to the country."