Re: A new symbol and name for eth

  • sandor
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 24, 2010
      I basically prefer using letters rather than numbers...

      although ARABIZY (transcription of arabic used by native speakers on the web) shows that it can be done and it can be very useful. So why not English I guess? It's all a matter of getting used to new symbols...I guess.

      Steve, <breathe> has a voiced /D/ in standard English as far as I know, my dictionary (daniel jones) only has /D/... I know that sometimes American English has /T/ instead of /D/, well, at least in <with> which has /D/ in BBC English.

      I'm not familar with that old name of eth... have to check it out.

      nicky (still in favour of spelling reform!)
    • change_english_spelling_campaign
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 5, 2010
        Niki, a welkm yh t utempt t lrn ma sistm, frmm wijx x yhsjj v #z az letrz hv bn mostli ilimineytid. Xrz no niyd fr #z az letrz, r eni udxr nh letrs fr xat matr, x we ayv boyld speliq dawn..!