Re: [sasl_oauth] Raindrop Re: Moderating list joins.

  • James Burke
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 1 4:10 PM
      On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 6:28 PM, Bill Mills <wmills@...> wrote:

      James,

      What would your timeline on a Raindrop implementation be?

      We have listed out the tasks we think we need to do for our current milestone, called Arbutus. you can track our work here:

      We would like to get it working within the next week or two. However we are new to OAUTH, so we are going a bit slow. We are blocked at the moment because the Google setup requires verifying a domain before getting a consumer key, but we mostly develop against localhost. So we are exploring getting a consumer key with a real domain we host but use some local hosts file trick to allow us to develop locally on our box using that domain.

      If we are going about it wrong, please feel free to point us in the right direction.

      James

    • Eric Sachs
      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 1 8:07 PM
        >> We are blocked at the moment because the Google setup requires verifying a domain before getting a consumer key
        That isn't actually required anymore.  If you read our docs you'll note it says:
        If you're using OAuth, you can opt to register your web application with Google and provide enhanced security for your users by creating a security certificate. Although most Google services allow access to unregistered applications, some require more secure access.

        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 1 8:43 PM
          On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 8:07 PM, Eric Sachs <esachs@...> wrote:

          >> We are blocked at the moment because the Google setup requires verifying a domain before getting a consumer key
          That isn't actually required anymore.  If you read our docs you'll note it says:
          If you're using OAuth, you can opt to register your web application with Google and provide enhanced security for your users by creating a security certificate. Although most Google services allow access to unregistered applications, some require more secure access.

          Thanks, our back-end guy, Mark Hammond, figured out how to get it going without it, and we got the other path to work too. We're moving along well now.

          James