Suggestions for small reduntand altimeters?

  • Thomas Weeks
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 25, 2010
      Hey all.. I have a Talon-3 (3" bt) that I need to outfit with redundant
      altimeters in the e-bay..

      I don't know much about what's out there except names that folks throw around
      like GWiz or Black Sky (out of production?), perfect flite, etc..

      Features wise.. I guess I would like to record the flight (altitude, speed,
      etc), be mach proof.. no less than 40k feet I guess.. At least dual event
      control... Computer OS agnostic (pure USB/TTY control would be nice).

      I guess I should use two different vendors (just in case).

      Suggestions?

      Tweeks
    • jeffshort2004
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 25, 2010
        I highly like my ARTS unit. The ARTS2 (current production) supports 2 batteries but you can configure it to use one. It's not a tiny unit though.

        The smallest units I have heard about are from :
        http://www.featherweightaltimeters.com/
        http://www.picoalt.com/

        Jeff