Denver Food Not Bombs needs help

  • Julia
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 19 10:26 AM
      Please post this on your listserve if you are able.  We would greatly
      appreciate it as we have an urgent need.
      Denver Food Not Bombs has an urgent need for monetary donations for our
      work during the Democratic National Convention.  We need to raise $1000
      to cover our needs which include: getting a base kitchen, ordering bulk
      food, transportation costs, etc.
      We will be serving two free meals a day from Sunday, August 24th through
      Thursday, August 28th, mostly in Civic Center Park.  We are expecting the
      possibility of serving around 1200 people a day.  This is a resource that
      will support both people coming out to express their concerns about war,
      environmental destruction, and immigration policies, as well as the many
      homeless and low-income folks already in Denver.

      We are an all volunteer organization and rarely ask for money, so if you
      feel inclined please send a check/money order to:
      Denver Food Not Bombs
      1065 Lipan St.
      Denver, CO 80204
      or call 303-573-3896 if you have a cash donation.
      Thank you!

      Jordan T. Garcia, Immigrant Ally Organizing Director

      Coloradans For Immigrant Rights (CFIR) a program of the AFSC

      "Organizing Citizens to Support Immigrant Rights!"

      901 W. 14th Ave. #7, Denver, Colorado 80204

      303-623-3464 (phone) & 303-623-3492 (fax)

      http://www.afsc.org/central/ImmigrantRights/immigrant-rights.htm

      http://coloradansforimmigrantrights.blogspot.com - The New CFIR Blog!