Help Needed With Friday Meal

  • Marlon
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6 8:15 PM
      A lot of volunteers are going to be out of town tomorrow (Friday) at a
      conference in DC, so we need all the extra help we can cooking and
      serving the Food Not Bombs meal, especially if you have a car to help
      drive stuff to the park.

      We'll start cooking at about 3pm at New College - you can find more
      information and directions at http://fnb.nfshost.com
      See y'all tomorrow!

      peace,
      marlon
    • jackie
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 10 11:38 AM
        Thursday, March 13, 2008
        6:00pm - 7:30pm

        Location
        Sainer Auditorium, New College of Florida
        5313 Bay Shore Road
        Sarasota, FL
        United States

        On March 13 at 6pm in Sainer, Dr. Andrea Smith (Assistant Professor of
        American Culture and Women's Studies at the University of Michigan, Ann
        Arbor) will be speak on Women of Color and State Violence.

        Andrea Smith is the author of Conquest: Sexual Violence and American
        Indian Genocide. She has also edited and contributed to The Color of
        Violence: The INCITE! Anthology and The Revolution Will Not be Funded:
        Beyond the Non-Profit Industrial Complex.

        I've seen Andrea speak twice and she definitely should not be missed!!!

        About Andrea Smith:
        Andrea Smith (Cherokee) is a longtime anti-violence and Native American
        activist and scholar. She is co-founder of INCITE! Women of Color
        Against Violence, a national grassroots organization that utilizes
        direct action and critical dialogue. Smith has published widely on
        issues of violence against women of color and is one of the nation's
        leading experts on the topic, as well as a highly-sought after speaker.

        Smith holds a B.A. from Harvard University in Comparative Study of
        Religion, a Masters of Divinity from the Union Theological Institute
        and a PhD from the University of California, Santa Cruz, in History of
        Consciousness.