Fwd: Food Not Bombs National Gathering '08

  • Reva Castillenti
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2007
      Nate Cougill wrote:
      Hey FNB Chapters:

      Greetings from Nashville! We are sending out an e-mail to invite all the national Food Not Bombs chapters to come to Nashville March 28-30, 2008 for a get-together in the dirty south. The government still doesn't like us handing out food for free, but we're STILL doing it anyway, and that's cause for celebration. Hang out with your fellow FNB comrades, discuss your experiences, trade ideas, and have a good time. Food will be provided, of course, and there's enough sleeping room for everyone. A tent and sleeping bag wouldn't be a bad idea though. As FNB is a collective of autonomous and independent groups, what happens at the gathering will be decided by consensus. If you have any issues you would like to be a part of the gathering, send an e-mail to this address. Also, if someone would like to set up a list serve for the gathering, that would be awesome so that every voice is heard by everyone. I'll do my best to send ideas back out to the list as this gathering develops.

      Things that need to happen:
      - List serve set-up
      - press releases
      - posters and internet banners for radical sites
      - carpool organization

      Nashville's activist community is really starting to take off. Being in one of the most conservative places in the country, it's been a challenge to initiate radical programs, but it's happening. Check out http://www.thefirebrand.org to see what we have developing.

      In Solidarity!
      Nate
      Nashville FNB

      Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!