[Fwd: Boxes of organic arugula for Food Not Bombs! Please come and get it!]

  • Marlon
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2007
      For those who don't know, the Jessica's Stand farm has offered to donate
      excess food whenever they have it, which is AWESOME.
      So, whoever can pick this stuff up, reply to the list so we know
      someone's on it. I don't think the farm is too far away, but I probably
      can't make much of a pickup on my bike. See Don's message below!

      peace,
      marlon
    • Donna Woods

        Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 20:22:54 -0400
        From: "Don Hall" <likeawildriver@...>
        To: marlon@...
        Subject: Boxes of organic arugula for Food Not Bombs! Please come and get it!

        Hey Marlon,

        This is Don Hall - I work at DeSoto Lakes Organic Farm - otherwise known as "Jessica's Stand." We currently have many boxes (maybe as many as 10) of last week's harvest of arugula that will just go to waste unless you have use for it. I have already talked to Bill, the owner, who lives at the farm, and he is all for it. You can come by pretty much anytime. We're usually working from 7:30am until about 5 - more or less. You can also come later, just call. However, if you can't make it for a few days, and you want it, please call, because otherwise somebody might throw it out to make room in the cooler. Tomorrow, Wednesday, would be the best. Sorry such short notice, but it's here if you want it.

        For directions (getting to the farm can be tricky), check out our website with connection to MapQuest: http://www.jessicasorganicfarm.com.

        Peace not bombs,
        Don

        --
        "Weapons are the tools of violence;
        all decent men detest them.

        Weapons are the tools of fear;
        a decent man will avoid them
        except in the direst necessity
        and, if compelled, will use them
        only with the utmost restraint.
        Peace is his highest value .
        If the peace has been shattered,
        how can he be content?
        His enemies are not deamons,
        but human beings like himself.
        He doesn't wish them personal harm.
        Nor does he rejoice in victory.
        How could he rejoice in victory
        and delight in the slaughter of men?

        He enters a battle gravely,
        with sorrow and with great compassion,
        as if he were attending a funeral."

        - Lao Tzu, "Tao Te Ching," trans. Stephen Mitchell

        Check me out!
      • Reva Nicole Castillenti
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 4, 2007
          Hey,
          I picked up two boxes of Arugula from Jessica's so we have plenty. If anyone is
          a big fan of it let me know cause really there is plenty to share.

          Reva