Reorganizing Sarasota FNB

  • sarasotafnb
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13 8:47 PM
      Hello everyone,

      I am Reva Castillenti one of the co-founders of our wonderful Sarasota Food Not Bombs. I
      am contacting you tonight in hopes of reviving our food not bombs to a self-reliant
      system. A few of you know that a bunch of our key members have left the area leaving a
      big hole in the FNB and local activist family. While our group is hanging in there, our meals
      are slowing getting smaller, along with the volunteers that have again become a static 3-4
      people each week.

      I email you tonight because it seems that this December might cause a fatal blow to our
      group. In the past I have hosted FNB in my house during winter break but this winter I will
      be unable to take on this task. Most of the volunteers are also leaving the area to be with
      their loved ones, leaving no one to spearhead the FNB meals. I am looking for a motivated
      group of people, willing to host FNB over the winter break, and possibly take on the great
      honor of continuing this activist group as long as possible.

      Next semester is clearly going to become extremely busy and I will not be able to donate
      as much of my time as I have been able to in the past. But I also want to help create a
      more decentralized Food Not Bombs. Where one person can not come, and it won't be a
      devastation to the meal. In order to make this happen we need a larger group of people
      willing to help and donate their time and passion.

      Food Not Bombs has been a staple in the Sarasota Activist community, along with the
      international community. So please, anyone who is willing to keep this group alive contact
      me and we can work together to create a larger, more sustainable Food Not Bombs for the
      Sarasota community.

      Sincerely & With much hope for the Future,
      Reva Castillenti
      rreevvaa@...
      (727) 457 7874