151Re: [sarasotafnb] Fwd: Regarding the FNB project

  • Adam Roca
    Dec 11, 2009
      About a year ago, Sarasota Indymedia began a project focusing on homeless issues with a couple of folks in the local homeless community. A couple of them ended up moving away before anything really got off the grounds, so it turned into mostly a one man show, with myself and another person in the community offering help where we could. Mark Forsyth was the main guy and Cherokee was the helper.
      Several tapes of footage have been compiled over the years with interviews from homeless folks and whatnot. The project kind of sputtered along and I believe stopped all together when I moved away in August.
      I haven't really been in contact with Mark since then, but he might still be around and interested in the project. I cc'ed him to this e-mail, so Mark (and Cherokee), holla if you hear me.

      Also, Sarasota Indymedia has been able to purchase a couple of video cameras and equipment over the years thanks to community support. As far as I know the collective has dissolved, although some of the infrastructure is still in place. Last I checked, Andrea Ortiz had the equipment, and would be a good person to get with. I also cc'ed her to the e-mail.

      Good luck everyone!

      -a Roc

      On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 11:23 AM, Mike Pence <mike.pence@...> wrote:

      Let's have a meeting at a coffee shop or something and talk about what can be done, ASAP. First, how about anyone who might be interested in contributing to this effort in some way speaks up now, in response to this message? We'll need someone more attractive than me to be the host who asks the questions and such -- unless we do an off-camera interviewer thing. We'll need to talk about timing, promotion, etc.

      I am open to suggestions for a meeting place and time.

      Mike Pence