132Re: [sarasotafnb] Re: FNB_Demands

  • Melissa Fisher
    Jun 9 1:46 PM
      hey
      so what does this part mean exactly?
      "as well as allowing Amaryllis Park to nominate a pool for one member and banning any former or current law enforcement officers from the board other than as advisors?

      also is this in response to something other than the newly elected commissioner in office? adam, are you meeting him as a representative of food not bombs? i am wondering what discussion has occurred on creating strategies on backing up these demands.
      Also, Food Not Bombs as is is Ric serving pizza in the park on Fridays-he's out of there in like 30/45 minutes tops. I think its bad ass that he takes the time and money out of his life to keep at least some food there for the homeless but i'd rather not draw attention to FNB until we have more man power to actually hold our ground in the parc.-if we happen to catch press it would suck having FNB framed as little ceaser patrons--at least in terms of the philosophical and political message we are trying to get accross.

      maybe i have it wrong or am being too cynical, but i guess mostly i don't understand the nature of the meeting you will be having and i'm sure that will help clear things up. i think the list of demands is awesome so far but i think we definitely should consider an escalation campaign and possible actions to stick it to them. i doubt he'll roll over for us and it could draw negative attention to food not bombs while its barely going (again, thank you ric, april, bucky, everyone down there that can/will/is helping)

      meltron

      On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 11:53 AM, Anthony Doe <cirv.anthony@...> wrote:

      some edits:

      -end the lodging ordinance
      -city shelter
      -place to cook and/or feed homeless (shelter)

      -200 hours/year mandatory volunteer work with homeless for all city officials (haha)
      -citizen's review board to prevent further harassment of the homeless by the police including subpoena power to compell officers to show up for inquiries, as well as allowing Amaryllis Park to nominate a pool for one member and banning any former or current law enforcement officers from the board other than as advisors

      -we do not stop serving in 5 points
      -Get rid of the limit of how many people can gather at the park (Sarasota City Ordinance 22-10, i believe; i would cite the ordinance number)

      Also, Marlon sent me a link to the archived site of the homeless rights group as a reference: http://web.archive.org/web/20080120102145/http://www.homelessrights.co.nr/

      On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 11:54 PM, Adam Roca <adamroca@...> wrote:
      Let me know if you have any probs accessing the document or go ahead and send your additions via the list serve. I will be calling him tomorrow to set something up, but I'll try to make it after work hours whatever day it may be so as many folks as possible can attend.

      Thanks!

      -a roc