Re: Beowulf

  • maestroshelly98
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2007
      She was in 'Beowulf and Grendel' a couple of years ago. I've not seen
      it, so I don't know if it's any good or not.

      --- In sarahpolleyfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "sloe.pimp" <sloe.pimp@...>
      wrote:

      > Wasn't Sarah in Beowulf, a live-action version? Is it any good?

    • jhunter1976
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 5, 2007
        I thought both versions of Beowulf were interesting interpretations of
        the book. I Liked them both and each took it's liberties with the
        story to comment on our times with similar themes of the seductiveness
        of power and corruption. The biggest difference is that the version
        Sarah is in eskews the jaw-dropping special effects and action
        sequences of Zemekis' version in favor of 'Land of the Lost' style
        rubber masks and Lo-fi effects. There's a lot more humor in Sarah's
        version, too. Some scenes seemed right out of Monty Python. Sarah is
        particularly saucy in it and the ladies love Gerard Butler. It's
        definately worth checking out but I wouldn't kill myself to get it.
        More interesting looking is the documentary 'Wrath of the Gods' about
        the making of 'Beowulf and Grendel' with interviews with everybody in
        the cast cause apparently the production ran into 'Baron Munchaesen'
        sized difficulties with weather, technical problems, etc. Similar
        to 'Lost in La Manch' the great documentary about the undoing of Terry
        Gilliam's Don Quijote film with Johnny Depp.

        --- In sarahpolleyfanclub@yahoogroups.com, maestroshelly98