Re: boveda

  • panche70
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 2002
      Hello,
      I live in the Bronx. I have my Elekes, my Guerros, and Olokun. I of
      course have my boveda set up like yourself. I have one large cup in
      the middle with the others surrounding it in a circle formation. I
      have put to my boveda rocks and shells from the beach being that I am
      a child of Yemaya. I have also placed a cross, my prayer book, a
      small bible and a little ship. I also have my palo de muerto. So as
      you can see I am on my way LOL, hopefully soon to do Ocha. PS I am
      also look into getting scratch.

      -- In santeriareligionlucumi@y..., Glorimar Ortiz <yuyu822@y...>
      wrote:
      > Sorry for the spelling mistakes here is a corrected
      > letter...
      > --- Glorimar Ortiz <yuyu822@y...> wrote:
      > > My boveda is set up with one glass in the center and
      > > nine around it. This is where I pray to the spirit
      > > world. Everyone has been giving information that
      > they
      > > have been given by their godparents. "never ever"
      > > can't really get direct answers to her question
      > > because we are from different house and practice
      > > things differently. I would like to know where
      > everyone is from and how far they are in the religion.
      > I think this will help everyone out a little. I live
      > in Brooklyn, NY and I have been scratched, I have a
      > boveda, and I have my collares.
      > -Glorimar (Sarabanda Nsulo)

      > http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • maitey Hernandez
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 1, 2002
        Same here I have everything and I'm scratched. The initiation is somethning else. Diffinetly something you will never forget, like when you do ocha. I also have a boveda but, i keep it simple with 7 glasses and a cross. I was born in this religion so i know what i need but, at the same time i don't. it's weared but, All i have left to do know is OCHA.
        panche70 wrote:Hello,

        wrote:
        > Sorry for the spelling mistakes here is a corrected
        > letter...
        > --- Glorimar Ortiz <yuyu822@y...> wrote:
        > > My boveda is set up with one glass in the center and
        > > nine around it. This is where I pray to the spirit
        > > world. Everyone has been giving information that
        > they
        > > have been given by their godparents. "never ever"
        > > can't really get direct answers to her question
        > > because we are from different house and practice
        > > things differently. I would like to know where
        > everyone is from and how far they are in the religion.
        > I think this will help everyone out a little. I live
        > in Brooklyn, NY and I have been scratched, I have a
        > boveda, and I have my collares.
        > -Glorimar (Sarabanda Nsulo)

      • maitey Hernandez
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 1, 2002
          I have my collares for 8 years. I recently recieved my gerreros and olokun this year and i was scratched for a year know (siete rayo). And being Cuban i was born in this religion.
          Glorimar Ortiz wrote:Sorry for the spelling mistakes here is a corrected
          letter...
          --- Glorimar Ortiz <yuyu822@...> wrote:
          > My boveda is set up with one glass in the center and
          > nine around it. This is where I pray to the spirit
          > world. Everyone has been giving information that
          they
          > have been given by their godparents. "never ever"
          > can't really get direct answers to her question
          > because we are from different house and practice
          > things differently. I would like to know where
          everyone is from and how far they are in the religion.
          I think this will help everyone out a little. I live
          in Brooklyn, NY and I have been scratched, I have a
          boveda, and I have my collares.
          -Glorimar (Sarabanda Nsulo)

        • never ever
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 2, 2002
            In answer to Glorimar's request:
            I live in Hollywood, FL, my madrina lives in Miami. I am a child of Oshun, I have a boveda, my collares, and I would like to be scratched but I am waiting to find out if palo is on my path. I'm new to the religion and I'm of German & Jamaican descent so I'm having trouble understanding certain words and phrases, but I'm in the process of learning Spanish.
            ,,,Sharif
            --- Glorimar Ortiz <yuyu822@...> wrote:
            > Everyone has been giving information that they
            > have been given by their godparents. "never ever"
            > can't really get direct answers to her question
            > because we are from different house and practice
            > things differently. I would like to know where
            everyone is from and how far they are in the religion.
            I think this will help everyone out a little. I live
            in Brooklyn, NY and I have been scratched, I have a
            boveda, and I have my collares.
            -Glorimar (Sarabanda Nsulo)

          • Glorimar Ortiz
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 3, 2002
              To Sharif-
              In my house you are suppose to work with the
              dead and the spirit world before you do anything that
              has to do with Ocha. That is why i just recently did
              my necklaces. That would include getting scratched.
              -Glorimar

              http://sbc.yahoo.com