Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: [Santeria Religion Lucumi] Re: Jus wondering

Expand Messages
  • david sosa
    What always bothered me Shirley was that it was opinion as far as Im concerned. Yam tast good with Epo...To WHom? I may like mine with mustard.. Sleeping with
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 30, 2008
      What always bothered me Shirley was that it was opinion as far as Im concerned. Yam tast good with Epo...To WHom? I may like mine with mustard.. Sleeping with a woman makes a man feel on top of the world...Ummm no it doesnt for me. And had it made me feel on top of the world, I wouldnt be who I am today. Ive played for the straight team before it just wasnt right for me no matter how I tried, when I switched temas...Wa la Im the person I am today.

      Shirley Reynolds Olatunji Aresa <alorde55@...> wrote: -
      Alafia,
      Thank you ,however I am learning like everyone else. I have been a
      moderator on the Yahoo groups for a while so I know first hand how
      folks take the threads very serious . many flame wars have been fough
      on line resulting in the break up of many Iles .
      This topic of Homosexulaity in Ifa is one that always bring heat to
      any group.
      I'd like to say now what any one choose to do in their life is their
      business I am not judging just submitting Odu that gives Ifa position.
      -- In santeriareligionlucumi@yahoogroups.com, david sosa
      <davidsoul720@...> wrote:
      >
      > I have to tell you Shirley I love what you just wrote because it
      makes so much more sense, you really have a way of writing. Briliant!
      >
      > Slim <styleliknootha@...> wrote: I did in an earlier post
      but i guess you miss that one but The following was written by
      Fajuitan............. and it was posted under my name cause how else
      is everyone going to see it but if you want to see it for yourself go
      too ifafoundation.org and or you can click the link
      http://www.ifafoundation.org/classroom/a-gay-babalawo-speaks-out.html
      .............. i was trying to put my name on anything i was just
      trying to get out wat he wrote sso everyone can see............i have
      asked i just want to see what everyone else had to say. thats how you
      grow and gain knowledge from different point of veiws..... and please
      post this Odu that speaks of this because this is the first i ever
      heard of that....
      >
      > Shirley Reynolds Olatunji Aresa <alorde55@...> wrote: Alafia,
      > I like to ask you if you did not write the piece who did ? and if you
      > did not write it then why did you send it it under your name. If you
      > are interested in getting a real answer to your question ,why not ask
      > a Ifa priest ? There is actually no Odu that says a Gay person can not
      > pass to Ifa but rather there are Odu's that speak of Homosexuality
      > and what can occur if a person engage in it .
      > Orisha mounting has nothing to do with the sex or sexuality of a
      > person. But even Orisha will speak on any behavior pattern that does
      > not support the progress of the person in reaching their destiny .
      > I like to say that even online one has to try to be correct as
      > possible in the information they give out . There are people here that
      > read and collect information from these groups.Post that are written
      > here are archived for years you never know where some thing you write
      > will appear later
      >
      > In santeriareligionlucumi@yahoogroups.com, "Slim"
      > <styleliknootha@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I would really like to have something explained to me because every
      > > person i talk too even elders tell me its just that way. But the
      > > question is How come babalawos can not be gay? they are still a
      > > MAN.what do their sexually preference have to do with anything
      > > becoming a babalawo.I know the orisha are not going to say i am
      not go
      > > to come down or mount you cause your gay.just wanted to know the
      > > background and logic on why??????
      > >
      >
      > ---------------------------------
      > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.
      Try it now.
      >
      > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      > Check me out!
      >
      > ---------------------------------
      > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.
      Try it now.
      >
      > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      >








      Check me out!

      ---------------------------------
      Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    • Shirley R. Olatunji Aresa
      Alafia, There are 256 Odu s and each Odu has over a hundred verses. These Odu s speak on every situation ,responsibility and behavior that we encounter on
      Message 2 of 11 , May 1, 2008
        Alafia,
        There are 256 Odu's and each Odu has over a hundred verses. These
        Odu's speak on every situation ,responsibility and behavior that we
        encounter on earth .
        There are many Odu's that speak of the heterosexual behavior towards.
        each other as well.
        Ifa has spoken on all .
        The wording is Yoruba like all Odu.s in this religion . Why because
        the religion come from the Yoruba of west Nigeria . Even if you are
        practicing the Lucumi branch . The Odu.s tell us how Olodumare mandate
        we can reach our destiny and have Iwa pele.
        Now how you or any one else choose to live is your choice . But if you
        are going to practice the religion you need to know that the laws and
        regulations of the religion are based on the Odu's of Ifa . In
        santeriareligionlucumi@yahoogroups.com, david sosa <davidsoul720@...>
        wrote:
        >
        > What always bothered me Shirley was that it was opinion as far as Im
        concerned. Yam tast good with Epo...To WHom? I may like mine with
        mustard.. Sleeping with a woman makes a man feel on top of the
        world...Ummm no it doesnt for me. And had it made me feel on top of
        the world, I wouldnt be who I am today. Ive played for the straight
        team before it just wasnt right for me no matter how I tried, when I
        switched temas...Wa la Im the person I am today.
        >
        > Shirley Reynolds Olatunji Aresa <alorde55@...> wrote: -
        > Alafia,
        > Thank you ,however I am learning like everyone else. I have been a
        > moderator on the Yahoo groups for a while so I know first hand how
        > folks take the threads very serious . many flame wars have been fough
        > on line resulting in the break up of many Iles .
        > This topic of Homosexulaity in Ifa is one that always bring heat to
        > any group.
        > I'd like to say now what any one choose to do in their life is their
        > business I am not judging just submitting Odu that gives Ifa position.
        > -- In santeriareligionlucumi@yahoogroups.com, david sosa
        > <davidsoul720@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I have to tell you Shirley I love what you just wrote because it
        > makes so much more sense, you really have a way of writing. Briliant!
        > >
        > > Slim <styleliknootha@> wrote: I did in an earlier post
        > but i guess you miss that one but The following was written by
        > Fajuitan............. and it was posted under my name cause how else
        > is everyone going to see it but if you want to see it for yourself go
        > too ifafoundation.org and or you can click the link
        > http://www.ifafoundation.org/classroom/a-gay-babalawo-speaks-out.html
        > .............. i was trying to put my name on anything i was just
        > trying to get out wat he wrote sso everyone can see............i have
        > asked i just want to see what everyone else had to say. thats how you
        > grow and gain knowledge from different point of veiws..... and please
        > post this Odu that speaks of this because this is the first i ever
        > heard of that....
        > >
        > > Shirley Reynolds Olatunji Aresa <alorde55@> wrote: Alafia,
        > > I like to ask you if you did not write the piece who did ? and if you
        > > did not write it then why did you send it it under your name. If you
        > > are interested in getting a real answer to your question ,why not ask
        > > a Ifa priest ? There is actually no Odu that says a Gay person can not
        > > pass to Ifa but rather there are Odu's that speak of Homosexuality
        > > and what can occur if a person engage in it .
        > > Orisha mounting has nothing to do with the sex or sexuality of a
        > > person. But even Orisha will speak on any behavior pattern that does
        > > not support the progress of the person in reaching their destiny .
        > > I like to say that even online one has to try to be correct as
        > > possible in the information they give out . There are people here that
        > > read and collect information from these groups.Post that are written
        > > here are archived for years you never know where some thing you write
        > > will appear later
        > >
        > > In santeriareligionlucumi@yahoogroups.com, "Slim"
        > > <styleliknootha@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I would really like to have something explained to me because every
        > > > person i talk too even elders tell me its just that way. But the
        > > > question is How come babalawos can not be gay? they are still a
        > > > MAN.what do their sexually preference have to do with anything
        > > > becoming a babalawo.I know the orisha are not going to say i am
        > not go
        > > > to come down or mount you cause your gay.just wanted to know the
        > > > background and logic on why??????
        > > >
        > >
        > > ---------------------------------
        > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.
        > Try it now.
        > >
        > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        > >
        > >
        > >
        > >
        > >
        > >
        > >
        > >
        > > Check me out!
        > >
        > > ---------------------------------
        > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.
        > Try it now.
        > >
        > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        > >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        > Check me out!
        >
        > ---------------------------------
        > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.
        Try it now.
        >
        > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        >
      • david sosa
        There are no odus telling straight people to not sleep with their partners only refers to gay people and theres. Lets let it be known Sexuality is not a choice
        Message 3 of 11 , May 2, 2008
          There are no odus telling straight people to not sleep with their partners only refers to gay people and theres. Lets let it be known Sexuality is not a choice or life choice. It is a sexual orientation. YOu either like Cake or you dont. No one can make you like anything. You dont choose to Like the opposite sex, you either do or dont. I think this raises a little awareness. to many ill misconcieved notions of what human sexuality is.

          "Shirley R. Olatunji Aresa" <alorde55@...> wrote:
          Alafia,
          There are 256 Odu's and each Odu has over a hundred verses. These
          Odu's speak on every situation ,responsibility and behavior that we
          encounter on earth .
          There are many Odu's that speak of the heterosexual behavior towards.
          each other as well.
          Ifa has spoken on all .
          The wording is Yoruba like all Odu.s in this religion . Why because
          the religion come from the Yoruba of west Nigeria . Even if you are
          practicing the Lucumi branch . The Odu.s tell us how Olodumare mandate
          we can reach our destiny and have Iwa pele.
          Now how you or any one else choose to live is your choice . But if you
          are going to practice the religion you need to know that the laws and
          regulations of the religion are based on the Odu's of Ifa . In
          santeriareligionlucumi@yahoogroups.com, david sosa <davidsoul720@...>
          wrote:
          >
          > What always bothered me Shirley was that it was opinion as far as Im
          concerned. Yam tast good with Epo...To WHom? I may like mine with
          mustard.. Sleeping with a woman makes a man feel on top of the
          world...Ummm no it doesnt for me. And had it made me feel on top of
          the world, I wouldnt be who I am today. Ive played for the straight
          team before it just wasnt right for me no matter how I tried, when I
          switched temas...Wa la Im the person I am today.
          >
          > Shirley Reynolds Olatunji Aresa <alorde55@...> wrote: -
          > Alafia,
          > Thank you ,however I am learning like everyone else. I have been a
          > moderator on the Yahoo groups for a while so I know first hand how
          > folks take the threads very serious . many flame wars have been fough
          > on line resulting in the break up of many Iles .
          > This topic of Homosexulaity in Ifa is one that always bring heat to
          > any group.
          > I'd like to say now what any one choose to do in their life is their
          > business I am not judging just submitting Odu that gives Ifa position.
          > -- In santeriareligionlucumi@yahoogroups.com, david sosa
          > <davidsoul720@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I have to tell you Shirley I love what you just wrote because it
          > makes so much more sense, you really have a way of writing. Briliant!
          > >
          > > Slim <styleliknootha@> wrote: I did in an earlier post
          > but i guess you miss that one but The following was written by
          > Fajuitan............. and it was posted under my name cause how else
          > is everyone going to see it but if you want to see it for yourself go
          > too ifafoundation.org and or you can click the link
          > http://www.ifafoundation.org/classroom/a-gay-babalawo-speaks-out.html
          > .............. i was trying to put my name on anything i was just
          > trying to get out wat he wrote sso everyone can see............i have
          > asked i just want to see what everyone else had to say. thats how you
          > grow and gain knowledge from different point of veiws..... and please
          > post this Odu that speaks of this because this is the first i ever
          > heard of that....
          > >
          > > Shirley Reynolds Olatunji Aresa <alorde55@> wrote: Alafia,
          > > I like to ask you if you did not write the piece who did ? and if you
          > > did not write it then why did you send it it under your name. If you
          > > are interested in getting a real answer to your question ,why not ask
          > > a Ifa priest ? There is actually no Odu that says a Gay person can not
          > > pass to Ifa but rather there are Odu's that speak of Homosexuality
          > > and what can occur if a person engage in it .
          > > Orisha mounting has nothing to do with the sex or sexuality of a
          > > person. But even Orisha will speak on any behavior pattern that does
          > > not support the progress of the person in reaching their destiny .
          > > I like to say that even online one has to try to be correct as
          > > possible in the information they give out . There are people here that
          > > read and collect information from these groups.Post that are written
          > > here are archived for years you never know where some thing you write
          > > will appear later
          > >
          > > In santeriareligionlucumi@yahoogroups.com, "Slim"
          > > <styleliknootha@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > I would really like to have something explained to me because every
          > > > person i talk too even elders tell me its just that way. But the
          > > > question is How come babalawos can not be gay? they are still a
          > > > MAN.what do their sexually preference have to do with anything
          > > > becoming a babalawo.I know the orisha are not going to say i am
          > not go
          > > > to come down or mount you cause your gay.just wanted to know the
          > > > background and logic on why??????
          > > >
          > >
          > > ---------------------------------
          > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.
          > Try it now.
          > >
          > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
          > >
          > >
          > >
          > >
          > >
          > >
          > >
          > >
          > > Check me out!
          > >
          > > ---------------------------------
          > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.
          > Try it now.
          > >
          > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
          > >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          > Check me out!
          >
          > ---------------------------------
          > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.
          Try it now.
          >
          > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
          >








          Check me out!

          ---------------------------------
          Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

          [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        • Shirley R. Olatunji Aresa
          Alafia, You are wrong , There are indeed Odu s that speak on adultery .There are odu s that says one has to be monogamous .There are odu s that speak on the
          Message 4 of 11 , May 2, 2008
            Alafia,
            You are wrong , There are indeed Odu's that speak on adultery .There
            are odu's that says one has to be monogamous .There are odu's that
            speak on the duties of a wife to a husband a husband to his wife .
            There is no human behavior that is not address by Ifa.
            When I used the word choose I mean what another person does in his
            life as far as I am personally concern is their business. I following
            what I fee is correct for me .
            Each Odu has a verse a person may like or one they feel is do able . I
            will call that the sweet . But then there is also going to be a verse
            that you won't like .I will call that the bitter . As Ifa worshiper's
            we can not take the sweet only and throw away the bitter . It does not
            work that way.
            Not to change subjects but people should also note Ifa Odu's are
            consider energy ,when we pull or even sometimes speak and odu we bring
            that energy to life. So if a person goes for a consultation what every
            Odu falls it is that energy that they are experiencing some time gor a
            short period other times it is life odu (ita) and they live that Odu
            until they make another elevation.
            I am not going to debate or even try to give opinion on homosexuality
            I am only offering information on Odu as it relates to the subject.


            -- In santeriareligionlucumi@yahoogroups.com, david sosa
            <davidsoul720@...> wrote:
            >
            > There are no odus telling straight people to not sleep with their
            partners only refers to gay people and theres. Lets let it be known
            Sexuality is not a choice or life choice. It is a sexual orientation.
            YOu either like Cake or you dont. No one can make you like anything.
            You dont choose to Like the opposite sex, you either do or dont. I
            think this raises a little awareness. to many ill misconcieved notions
            of what human sexuality is.
            >
            > "Shirley R. Olatunji Aresa" <alorde55@...> wrote:
            > Alafia,
            > There are 256 Odu's and each Odu has over a hundred verses. These
            > Odu's speak on every situation ,responsibility and behavior that we
            > encounter on earth .
            > There are many Odu's that speak of the heterosexual behavior towards.
            > each other as well.
            > Ifa has spoken on all .
            > The wording is Yoruba like all Odu.s in this religion . Why because
            > the religion come from the Yoruba of west Nigeria . Even if you are
            > practicing the Lucumi branch . The Odu.s tell us how Olodumare mandate
            > we can reach our destiny and have Iwa pele.
            > Now how you or any one else choose to live is your choice . But if you
            > are going to practice the religion you need to know that the laws and
            > regulations of the religion are based on the Odu's of Ifa . In
            > santeriareligionlucumi@yahoogroups.com, david sosa <davidsoul720@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > What always bothered me Shirley was that it was opinion as far as Im
            > concerned. Yam tast good with Epo...To WHom? I may like mine with
            > mustard.. Sleeping with a woman makes a man feel on top of the
            > world...Ummm no it doesnt for me. And had it made me feel on top of
            > the world, I wouldnt be who I am today. Ive played for the straight
            > team before it just wasnt right for me no matter how I tried, when I
            > switched temas...Wa la Im the person I am today.
            > >
            > > Shirley Reynolds Olatunji Aresa <alorde55@> wrote: -
            > > Alafia,
            > > Thank you ,however I am learning like everyone else. I have been a
            > > moderator on the Yahoo groups for a while so I know first hand how
            > > folks take the threads very serious . many flame wars have been fough
            > > on line resulting in the break up of many Iles .
            > > This topic of Homosexulaity in Ifa is one that always bring heat to
            > > any group.
            > > I'd like to say now what any one choose to do in their life is their
            > > business I am not judging just submitting Odu that gives Ifa position.
            > > -- In santeriareligionlucumi@yahoogroups.com, david sosa
            > > <davidsoul720@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I have to tell you Shirley I love what you just wrote because it
            > > makes so much more sense, you really have a way of writing. Briliant!
            > > >
            > > > Slim <styleliknootha@> wrote: I did in an earlier post
            > > but i guess you miss that one but The following was written by
            > > Fajuitan............. and it was posted under my name cause how else
            > > is everyone going to see it but if you want to see it for yourself go
            > > too ifafoundation.org and or you can click the link
            > > http://www.ifafoundation.org/classroom/a-gay-babalawo-speaks-out.html
            > > .............. i was trying to put my name on anything i was just
            > > trying to get out wat he wrote sso everyone can see............i have
            > > asked i just want to see what everyone else had to say. thats how you
            > > grow and gain knowledge from different point of veiws..... and please
            > > post this Odu that speaks of this because this is the first i ever
            > > heard of that....
            > > >
            > > > Shirley Reynolds Olatunji Aresa <alorde55@> wrote: Alafia,
            > > > I like to ask you if you did not write the piece who did ? and
            if you
            > > > did not write it then why did you send it it under your name. If you
            > > > are interested in getting a real answer to your question ,why
            not ask
            > > > a Ifa priest ? There is actually no Odu that says a Gay person
            can not
            > > > pass to Ifa but rather there are Odu's that speak of Homosexuality
            > > > and what can occur if a person engage in it .
            > > > Orisha mounting has nothing to do with the sex or sexuality of a
            > > > person. But even Orisha will speak on any behavior pattern that does
            > > > not support the progress of the person in reaching their destiny .
            > > > I like to say that even online one has to try to be correct as
            > > > possible in the information they give out . There are people
            here that
            > > > read and collect information from these groups.Post that are written
            > > > here are archived for years you never know where some thing you
            write
            > > > will appear later
            > > >
            > > > In santeriareligionlucumi@yahoogroups.com, "Slim"
            > > > <styleliknootha@> wrote:
            > > > >
            > > > > I would really like to have something explained to me because
            every
            > > > > person i talk too even elders tell me its just that way. But the
            > > > > question is How come babalawos can not be gay? they are still a
            > > > > MAN.what do their sexually preference have to do with anything
            > > > > becoming a babalawo.I know the orisha are not going to say i am
            > > not go
            > > > > to come down or mount you cause your gay.just wanted to know the
            > > > > background and logic on why??????
            > > > >
            > > >
            > > > ---------------------------------
            > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.
            > > Try it now.
            > > >
            > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
            > > >
            > > >
            > > >
            > > >
            > > >
            > > >
            > > >
            > > >
            > > > Check me out!
            > > >
            > > > ---------------------------------
            > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.
            > > Try it now.
            > > >
            > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
            > > >
            > >
            > >
            > >
            > >
            > >
            > >
            > >
            > >
            > > Check me out!
            > >
            > > ---------------------------------
            > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.
            > Try it now.
            > >
            > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
            > >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            > Check me out!
            >
            > ---------------------------------
            > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.
            Try it now.
            >
            > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
            >
          Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.