Ifa Odus

  • praisehimtoday
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 2, 2006
      Can anyone please tell me what is this odu of Ifa?

      +

      1 0

      0 1

      0 0

      0 0
    • nelson sotolongo

            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 3, 2006
              --- In santeriareligionlucumi@yahoogroups.com, nelson sotolongo
              <sotolokun@...> wrote:
              >Thanks for responding to my request. Unfortunately, this was not
              the case when I received the hand of Ifa. An appointment was to be
              scheduled for another day to discuss the Odu but the appointment was
              never scheduled the way it was suppose to be scheduled.
              > Greetings. I assume you mean your "hand of Ifa" . And when you
              receive they tell you everything from all three odus.

              > Mario Antonio <praisehimtoday@...> wrote: This is my Odu
              of Ifa. I was never really told what this Ifa Odu meant.

              > nelson sotolongo <sotolokun@...> wrote: Greetings,
              > Why do you need to know?
              >
              > praisehimtoday <praisehimtoday@...> wrote:
              > Can anyone please tell me what is this odu of Ifa?
              >
              > +
              >
              > 1 0
              >
              > 0 1
              >
              > 0 0
              >
              > 0 0

            • Bogunmbe Adewale
              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 4, 2006
                Aboru Aboye Praise,
                Your Odu is called Otura-Osa, and it is a strong Odu indeed. Ogbo ato asure Iwori-wofun.

                <sotolokun@...> wrote:
                >Thanks for responding to my request. Unfortunately, this was not
                the case when I received the hand of Ifa. An appointment was to be
                scheduled for another day to discuss the Odu but the appointment was
                never scheduled the way it was suppose to be scheduled.
                > Greetings. I assume you mean your "hand of Ifa" . And when you
                receive they tell you everything from all three odus.

                > Mario Antonio <praisehimtoday@...> wrote: This is my Odu
                of Ifa. I was never really told what this Ifa Odu meant.

                > nelson sotolongo <sotolokun@...> wrote: Greetings,
                > Why do you need to know?
                >
                > praisehimtoday <praisehimtoday@...> wrote:
                > Can anyone please tell me what is this odu of Ifa?
                >
                > +
                >
                > 1 0
                >
                > 0 1
                >
                > 0 0
                >
                > 0 0

                BOGUNMBE ADEWALE
                IJO ORUNMILA ATORISE (AGBALA-IFA)
                OGUNDA-MEJI TEMPLE
                APATA, IBADAN, NIGERIA.
                TEL: +234-803-3852-876.

              • nelson sotolongo
                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 4, 2006
                  Greetings with much respect, please look again, the odu you gave him was incorrect

                  Bogunmbe Adewale <walebogunmbe@...> wrote: Aboru Aboye Praise,

                  Message 8 of 17 , Sep 4, 2006
                    Aboru Aboye Awo Sotolongo,
                    I am happy for your observation, only there is a mixed-up from you. I implore you as well to look very well the Odu inscribed there. We have Otura in the right, while Osa is in the left, and it is called Otua-Gasha in Yoruba Ifa. May be you mean other kind of Ifa as we hear the rumours here in Yorubaland.

                    To put more light, that (o) means open eye of Opele, while (I) means close eye, then use the logic to trace your Odu, then it will automatically give you Otura-Osa. Pls. let me know the Odu you got from that and how you got it for more knowledge for the people who wish to know your style. Thank you very much once again for your observation. Ogbo ato asure Iwori-wofun.

                    Message 9 of 17 , Sep 4, 2006
                      Greetings and much respect, I was then wondering how you would write Baba Eyiobe Meyi?

                      Bogunmbe Adewale <walebogunmbe@...> wrote: Aboru Aboye Awo Sotolongo,

                      Message 10 of 17 , Sep 4, 2006
                        Aboru Aboye Awo Sotolongo,
                        You are yet to tell me how you read yours, and what can we call the Odu here on ground from you. You are now talking of using Ikin-Ifa for reading, which can never go that way you are thinking. If Ikin-Ifa is used, then (o) can never appear as finger will be used. But to explain Odu-Ifa in general or Opele term, it is then you either use, (I) as open while (II) will close, but this can not be the case of where (o) is used, as (I) will be used a close.

                        Or can you use finger to inscribe Odu-ifa and print (o) on Ifa tray, it iss not done here in Yorubaland. Pls. let us all know how you got yours. thank you very much.

                        Message 11 of 17 , Sep 4, 2006
                          Greetings and much respect.According to the Center for Yoruba Culture Studies in ILE IFE ,Nigeria if you look at the top ODUN it is Eyiogbe Meyi and the second is Osa Meyi

                          Message 12 of 17 , Sep 4, 2006
                            Aboru Aboye Abosise, Greetings Oloye Bogunmbe and Baba Sotolongo. Baba
                            Bogunmbe here in the Diaspora as well as in Yorubaland we use "I" Mark as Open
                            Eye and "II" for closed eye, but for time and adaptation in Lukumi System, the
                            "II" is substituted with "0", So the Odu would be Ika-Obara as marked in his
                            Reading or Awofaca/Owofakan ceremony, it is a practiced long since adapted
                            here, and practiced by many, and I am under the impression he received the Sign
                            from Lukumi System Awo's. But we are all learning from one another, and I
                            believe that we fully understand your point. It boils down to a regional
                            difference as well as system. Ire! Awo Ifaleke Olota

                          • sondeorumila@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 17 , Sep 4, 2006
                              Aboru Aboye, Baba Bogunmbe, while you are correct when using ikin and
                              marking the Odu on The Iyerosun (or mud in itefa) yes we would use "I" or "II", but
                              once it is transferred to writing it on paper, it sometimes is written in
                              the manner in which the Original post was presented. Awo Ifaleke Olota

                            • sondeorumila@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 17 , Sep 4, 2006
                                Aboru Aboye, Greetings Baba Sotolongo, can you be a little more clear on
                                what you mean by Baba Eji-Ogbe being on Top and then Osa-meji? I am not clear on
                                what you mean....Awo Ifaleke Olota

                              • praisehimtoday
                                Message 15 of 17 , Sep 4, 2006
                                  I would like to thank everyone who responded to my request concerning
                                  my Ifa Odu. My initiation of the hand was done through the Cuban way.
                                • sondeorumila@aol.com
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Sep 4, 2006
                                    Alaafia, By the way the Odu was marked it was clear to me that it was the
                                    Lukumi/Cuban System, Obviously there are some variations in all the systems(
                                    Traditional, Lukumi, Candomble, Sango Baptist, Vodun, etc), but there cannot be
                                    a branch without the Root of the Tree, so it is good to have the input of
                                    such an esteemed Traditional Ifa priest such As Oloye(Chief) Adewale Bogunmbe
                                    from Ogunda Meji Temple in Ibadan, Modupe Baba. Awo Ifaleke Olota

                                  • Mario Antonio