Re: [Santeria Religion Lucumi] hello

  • Shango's baby
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1, 2005
      Alafia, and bendiciones for the Iyawo, I understand it is hard to wait and specially when your Ile is far from you; but I will recommend you to try to get one of those telephone companies like SBC or the one that you have available in your State that has a flat rate for unlimited long distance calls, this is the way that I was able to be in touch with my Madrina and I was calling her everyday and if I had any questions she was able to answer them at not cost for her.
      If I didn't called her one day, she was calling me worried the next day.
      I also need to ask to anyone in the group if they have any information on wholesalers for botanical supplies, I am planning to open one in the near feature.
      Ashe.

      Michael Hoffman <mhoffman31@...> wrote:
      To you as well, Mike

      maitey Hernandez <caridadh1979@...> wrote:I thank you for your reply. I am aware of this and i do plan on doing so a soon as possible. my elle is not here and I am interested in reading books for the purpose of gathering information now at this time until i can work. And i will gather information as i learn as well. I am also aware that information is not always true and reliable in books but, it will allow me to understand the religion in various perspectives. But, thank you i am aware that i will and need to learn from my elders. but, this is a time where i can learn about the orishas and learn about the ceremonies when the time comes.

      Thank you kindly for your time and information.
      Take care

      Michael Hoffman <mhoffman31@...> wrote:
      Dear Caridadh1979, With all due respect, to Your Eggun, to the Orisha who own your head, to the Ile in which you are a member, i tell you humbly,everything you learn will be with your elders, NOT from a book, with your Ile, not from a web site. The PAdrinos, and your god brothers and sisters are there for your guidance. No books. Surely, your family has taught you that this is a religion that is labor intensive, and you learn as you are taught,(in person) and by watching, and participation with your Ile . There IS no other way. really if you have questions, ask your padrinos You have to go by what you have been instructed to do by your Padrinos. Be well, Sincerely, and Humbly, Mike

      caridadh1979 <caridadh1979@...> wrote:
      Bendicion!

      Eyawo Oni Chango, I am interested in knowing if anyone can recomend
      some religous books that i can learn from. I am only 5 1/2 months
      and i'm interested in collecting some books that will help me to
      learn what i can as an eyawo.

      thank you

    • James Campos
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 22, 2005
        hey you guys my name is james and i am a puerto rican male 24 yrs of age and i would like to
        let you all know that my wife is about to have my child.....well not quite yet but in 8 months we will thank you all for acceptance and i send you all my blessings ....oh and does anyone know an affective gamblers spell????? if not then cool but i will let you all go

        sincerly
        james and heather campos

        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 31, 2005
          i would like tgo meet everyone in the group

        • david breland
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 1, 2005
            Bendicion James, I am Iyawo Oshun (David) I am 4
            months old and my father is Chango (raise butt). Nice
            to meet you.
            Iyawo

            --- James Campos <blakwidow210@...> wrote:

            > i would like tgo meet everyone in the group

            > removed]

            CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL OAKLAND: WE ARE HERE FOR THE CHILDREN

            __________________________________
            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • James Campos
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 2, 2005
              how do i get a spiritual name like yours (Iyawo Oshun) my mom and grandma tried to teach me but i was to young to understand it....i think i believe in Chango, i heard alot of talk about him growing up iam very much wanting to learn my friend plz help me for this is the path i was meant to follow...once again nice to meet you Iyawo.....james

              david breland <dr_breland@...> wrote:
              Bendicion James, I am Iyawo Oshun (David) I am 4
              months old and my father is Chango (raise butt). Nice
              to meet you.
              Iyawo

              --- James Campos <blakwidow210@...> wrote:

              > i would like tgo meet everyone in the group

              > removed]

              CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL OAKLAND: WE ARE HERE FOR THE CHILDREN

              __________________________________
              http://mail.yahoo.com

              West africa Santeria religion Lucumi

            • heriberto oquendo
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 3, 2005
                correct me if i am wrong, but i thought this group was for peopel already initiated?

                James Campos <blakwidow210@...> wrote:
                how do i get a spiritual name like yours (Iyawo Oshun) my mom and grandma tried to teach me but i was to young to understand it....i think i believe in Chango, i heard alot of talk about him growing up iam very much wanting to learn my friend plz help me for this is the path i was meant to follow...once again nice to meet you Iyawo.....james

                david breland <dr_breland@...> wrote:
                Bendicion James, I am Iyawo Oshun (David) I am 4
                months old and my father is Chango (raise butt). Nice
                to meet you.
                Iyawo

                --- James Campos <blakwidow210@...> wrote:

                > i would like tgo meet everyone in the group

                > removed]

                CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL OAKLAND: WE ARE HERE FOR THE CHILDREN

                __________________________________
                http://mail.yahoo.com

                West africa Santeria religion Lucumi

                West africa Santeria religion Lucumi

                Ocean's Oracle - "Where nature provides an ocean of wealth and health to all."

                Heriberto Oquendo, Jr.
                Independant Distributor Sunrider International
                Trainer 1000

                Please check out my webpage:

                www.heribertooquendojr.com