[Santeria Online] Re: Oshun

  • iya_5lorde
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2004
      Bendicion to all santeros mayores y menores,

      Oh! you are sooo lucky, I did find a week long tour in Africa that
      takes you to her river. They usually celebrate Osun in August, next
      year I am going and pay my repsects to her in Osogbo. I can not
      wait. To know hat you are where she once lived and breathed, her
      hometown if you will. Walking the very earth she did once, bathing
      in her river, for a moment in time your actually walking her shoes.
      Bendicion to you and your elders.

      -Iya

      --- In santeriaonline@yahoogroups.com, "Joy King"
      <mamaissiijoy@c...> wrote:
      > Aboru Aboye:
      >

      > I TOO AM A CHILD OF OSUN. I WAS FORNTUATE ENOUGH TO RECEIVE HER
      IN OSOGBO
      > AND WAS ABLE TO TASTE THE SWEET WATERS FROM THE OSUN RIVER. THERE
      IS
      > NOTHING LIKE WALKING THROUGH THE OSUN GROVE AND EXPERIENCING THE
      STRONG
      > PEACEFUL PRESENCE OF OUR MOTHER. THANK YOU FOR THE MESSAGE THAT
      YOU BROUGHT
      > FORTH ON OUR MOTHER'S BEHALF. YOU SAID IT ALL.
      >
      > ASE

      ------
      > FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
      > Download Spam Inspector, the Award Winning Anti-Spam Filter
      > http://mail.giantcompany.com

      MANO DE
      > ORULA I PLANNED TO RECEIVE OSCHUN NEXT MAY 2005. THANK FOR UR
      WONDERFUL
      > WORDS. ARTURO

      Ochun
      > > simple stands back and allows us to learn from our mistakes. She
      > > wants to see what kind of person you really are. She wants to see
      > > just how strong and how much courage you have to stand up for
      > > yourself. Just like a mother...she WILL ALWAYS be there when we
      fall-
      > > actually she doesn't let us fall, she picks us up right on
      time...but
      > > she does allow for us to learn. B/c she's a saint, she's not in
      the
      > > flesh if you will...so we as her children need to learn how to
      > > defend, love, respect ourselves and stick up for ourselves. You
      see
      > > Ochun's children, well we can be overly generous, loving,
      > > affectionate, gullible, naive, trusting, and attentive. Beautiful
      > > qualities, priceless qualities, but in the wrong hands those very
      > > qualities may be used and have been used against us, to hurt us,
      > > make us suffer. But if we learn to set boundaries and not allow
      that
      > > person to put us through pain and hurt then we won't get hurt.
      Men
      > > and women CAN ONLY get away with whatever you allow them to. If
      your
      > > partner cheats on you-it hurts, its painful, it made you suffer.
      You
      > > take them back knowing they WILL do it again, you go through it
      > > AGAIN, why didn't you learn the first time? Who was it that took
      that
      > > person back...YOU OR OCHUN? It wasn't her b/c she at NO time
      told you
      > > to take them back. She sat & waited to see what you would do.
      Will
      > > you say no, i wont have this, I''m standing my ground. Or will
      you
      > > say Ok, yes I'll give it another try. Evidently the choice was/is
      > > OURS.
      > >
      > > God! I LOVE her, she's sooo womderful and every single second I
      feel
      > > proud to have her as my mother. MAFEREFUM TODOS LOS DIAS,
      YALORDE!!!

      > > Sorry so long. But Ochun wanted you to know, as well as, other
      > > members.
      > >
      > > Peace, love & happiness. - Iya_5lorde

      > > --- In santeriaonline@yahoogroups.com, "mik_e_van"
      <mik_e_van@y...>
      > > wrote:
      > > > Can any one provide me with information on Oshun!
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      > >

      > _____
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Links