Information

  • Pablo Gerardo
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2003
      Greetings,
      This message was sent to me privately, requesting that I post in our
      community:

      Hello....while searching the internet for information about Lucumi I
      came across your Yahoo group. I work for an arts organization in
      Philadelphia who mission is to "works with artists to create and
      present programs that affirm the intrinsic values of all cultures,
      the inspirational and healing powers of the arts, and the ability to
      effect social change."

      To this end we will be present the Afro-Cuban all female percussion
      group "Obni Ashe" in November, 2003. I was just wondering if you
      would post this concert on your website calendar. There will also be
      a workshop at 1pm in which the participants will work with members of
      the cast to learn the dance/songs and to use the instrumenet to
      celebrate the Diety goddesses. The workshop and the concert are a
      spiritual celebration of Lucumi.

      If you know of any organization in the Philadelphia area that would
      be interested in attending this wonderful workshop and concert would
      you please send me their information. I would be very grateful for
      your help.

      Peace,
      Eileen M. O'Brien
      Outreach Coordinator