Re: [Santeria Online] Re: A New Path

  • Ewetuga AtarĂ©
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2003
      The way to start is to get get a reading from either a babalawo or a
      Santero/a who is properly initiated. You cannot begin the process of
      initiation if you have not even found a godparent nor if you do not even
      have Beads or Warriors.

      Instead of advice from an aleyu, find someone who is initiated to help you.

      http://www.lukumi.nu

      Her Crassness wrote:
      > Is West Virginia in your range? I may be able to offer some bits
      > of advice. Email me @
      > nightmare_grrrl@...
      >

      > --- In santeriaonline@yahoogroups.com, "Joshua McMillin"
      > <guthrie@b...> wrote:
      >
      >>Good evening to everyone! :)
      >>
      >>I don't know if this is appropriate or not for this list, but I
      >>just wanted everyone to know that a friend of mine is sincerely
      >>contemplating being or at least starting initiation. She is
      >>truly a spiritual person, and for awhile now, she's had a strong
      >>pull to begin her path. I thought this was good news and thought
      >>you all would like to hear about it. :) Someone starting the path
      >>is always a very good thing.
      >>
      >>I apologize for asking this once again *blushes in embarassment*,
      >>but does anyone know of any person or group whom I could talk to
      >>in the Kentucky/Indiana/Illinois/Ohio area that would help my
      >>friend on her path? Thank you so much for any help you can give
      >>me!
      >>
      >>Peace,
      >>Josh

    • Her Crassness
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 29, 2003
        The only advice I would presume to offer would be help in finding
        a godparent, not in initiation. I know my bounds! ;)

        --- In santeriaonline@yahoogroups.com, Ewetuga Ataré <ekun@m...>

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/