Questions about Osain. Preguntas sobre Osain.

  • Cesar
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 17, 2011
      I've been told that the osainist do not necesarylly need to be santero, that all is needed is that he knows all the herbs and its ritual and curative uses. Can anyone become an osainist with out having to have any other Orisha done ? I would like to know the oppinion of different houses of Osha. Thanks.

      He escuchado que el osainista no nesesariamente tiene que ser santero, que lo unico que se requiere es que tenga un profundo conocimiento de las yerbas, sus usos rituales y curativos. ? Puede uno ser osainista sin hacerse santo ? Me gustaria escuchar las opiniones de diferentes casas de Osha. Gracias.
    • Omonire
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 17, 2011
        Well that's not precisely right. As long as the osain path is a long one is very common that the osinista doesn't do anything else, but nowadays is a common practice that a oriate or a a santero with pinaldo got the knowledge. Remember that according to some traditions there are some ewe that must be taken with a special ceremony. In Mexico and Latin american countries is very possible to find the ewe inĀ  public markets all around the country. This is not possible in the US or Canada. A good Awo and a well trained osinista should work there to find new ewe on specific areas.