Guerreros Oki - Need Translation

  • gabriellacanez
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 18, 2011
      Alafia,

      Could someone help me translate the following? Thanks! Asche :)

      Eleggua agui Iboru Ibolla Aguibochiche
      Orunla oya ofoillo oloae acatasorda alamanibata
      odoribale jicoyeru adobire allaguna aforibi
      apapa orobisilio y unsolellu. Oggun aguaniye oke,
      Ochosi odemata matasi, Osun malabure labosun Orunla ashé...
    • iyaoyapidan
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 9, 2011
        Alafia --

        First, what language is this .. spanish??? I can see some words within this language .. ..

        Ellegua: Maybe Aqui is here (right?) the attached is saying I am guessing .. here Ellegua is saying: Aboru, Aboye, Aboisese .. (greeting of Ifa) . Orunmila oya .. I am thinking the ofoillo .. is a description of the Ofo .. or negativity that Oya is bringing in the reading. Once again there is a reference to Alaguna .. that is a road of Esu .. Aforibi .. I am thinking that is forable .. or prostrate to Esu or Ellegua ..there is a reference to Ogun .. and Ochossi the praise to Ochossi is Odemata Matasi .. a Praise to Oshun something about the relationship of Osun to Orunmila.

        Well,I do not speak Spanish so a lot was breaking it down phonetic and seeing what the author was saying.

        I know this won't help but, hoping someone will weigh in ... I could not understand it ... but, am thinking a Spanish speaking individual will be able to help.

        Is this a reading from a Babalawo????

        Oyapidan

        --- In santeriaonline@yahoogroups.com, gabriellacanez <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > Alafia,
        >
        > Could someone help me translate the following? Thanks! Asche :)
        >
        > Eleggua agui Iboru Ibolla Aguibochiche
        > Orunla oya ofoillo oloae acatasorda alamanibata
        > odoribale jicoyeru adobire allaguna aforibi
        > apapa orobisilio y unsolellu. Oggun aguaniye oke,
        > Ochosi odemata matasi, Osun malabure labosun Orunla ashé...

      • Veronica Canizares
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 10, 2011
          this is not spanish either, my only conclusion is wrong pronuncention or spelling

          First, what language is this .. spanish??? I can see some words within this language .. ..

          Ellegua: Maybe Aqui is here (right?) the attached is saying I am guessing .. here Ellegua is saying: Aboru, Aboye, Aboisese .. (greeting of Ifa) . Orunmila oya .. I am thinking the ofoillo .. is a description of the Ofo .. or negativity that Oya is bringing in the reading. Once again there is a reference to Alaguna .. that is a road of Esu .. Aforibi .. I am thinking that is forable .. or prostrate to Esu or Ellegua ..there is a reference to Ogun .. and Ochossi the praise to Ochossi is Odemata Matasi .. a Praise to Oshun something about the relationship of Osun to Orunmila.

          Well,I do not speak Spanish so a lot was breaking it down phonetic and seeing what the author was saying.

          I know this won't help but, hoping someone will weigh in ... I could not understand it ... but, am thinking a Spanish speaking individual will be able to help.

          Is this a reading from a Babalawo????

          Oyapidan

          --- In santeriaonline@yahoogroups.com, gabriellacanez <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > Alafia,
          >
          > Could someone help me translate the following? Thanks! Asche :)
          >
          > Eleggua agui Iboru Ibolla Aguibochiche
          > Orunla oya ofoillo oloae acatasorda alamanibata
          > odoribale jicoyeru adobire allaguna aforibi
          > apapa orobisilio y unsolellu. Oggun aguaniye oke,
          > Ochosi odemata matasi, Osun malabure labosun Orunla ashé...

        • Roderiq
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 10, 2011
            Language is Yoruba

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 10, 2011
              Sorry this is not Yoruba .. if soo it is like creole lol .. Yoruba ...

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 10, 2011
                The one who wrote it had spelling errors i.e, the ifa greeting & a few other mispellings