Re: [Santeria Online] Re: Candles

  • Oni Okoto
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 3, 2008
      Well if you light a candle to Olokun put some thought into why your doing it.. and then determine why the candles are coming out the way they are.

      I know people who keep lighting candles until the candle bottle comes out white. White is a light of progress.

      The reason why I asked is because it is SAID that olokun is one of the orisha's that is not to be bothered too much. She is for your stability, health, wealth and all the ire that may come your way.

      In a message dated 04/03/08 14:06:24 Eastern Daylight Time, oshun31806@... writes:
      Alafia,

      Yes, I do have Kari ocha made. Olokun is an orisha that talked a lot on my ita and I wasnt I don't some of what he asked me to do, anyways l dont light candles all the time but once in a while I do.

      thanks,

      omo Obba

    • Oni Okoto
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 3, 2008
        Ache.. and Ita is one letra that I HATE to get... LOL.. I feel like the orishas are not being straight with me. TELL ME YES OR NO.. nothing in between.

        LOL..

        oni okoto.

        In a message dated 04/03/08 15:34:00 Eastern Daylight Time, hurthocon@... writes:
        huh?? Olokun is also a spirit??

        Why do people always think right away that something was thrown at them? Right away it's brujeria. How are you gonna tell her what to do against a brujeria that you don't even know exists?

        If she's unsure, she should get Obi and ask olokun what's wrong, just remember.. in Olokun, Itawa is the firmest letra there is!

        Andreas

      • OnyOny
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 3, 2008
          Alafia:

          I believe what our member is stating is that Olokun is associated with
          Egun, i.e., spirit.
          There are hundreds of thousands of our ancestors at the bottom of the
          Ocean. I was also told this about Olokun. In fact, my Iya de Olokun,
          who has over 60 years at this point, 50 years when I received Olokun,
          told me to keep my Olokun near my boveda. So, yes, there is a strong
          connection between Olokun and Egun (spirits).

          One...
          Oba Anya, Oni-Oni

          Hurtado Thompson wrote:

          > huh?? Olokun is also a spirit??
          >
          > Why do people always think right away that something was thrown at
          > them? Right away it's brujeria. How are you gonna tell her what to do
          > against a brujeria that you don't even know exists?
          >
          > If she's unsure, she should get Obi and ask olokun what's wrong, just
          > remember.. in Olokun, Itawa is the firmest letra there is!
          >
          > Andreas

        • Oni Okoto
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 3, 2008
            Lets be honest with one another... What are orishas? They are spirits. They are enlightened (as I have been told) spirits. They are a source of energy.

            oni okoto.

            Hurtado Thompson wrote:

            > huh?? Olokun is also a spirit??
            >
            > Why do people always think right away that something was thrown at
            > them? Right away it's brujeria. How are you gonna tell her what to do
            > against a brujeria that you don't even know exists?
            >
            > If she's unsure, she should get Obi and ask olokun what's wrong, just
            > remember.. in Olokun, Itawa is the firmest letra there is!
            >
            > Andreas

          • oshun31806
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 4, 2008
              Thanks for everybody that replied to my post ! I appreciated it and
              I understand that probably everyone has their very own opinion on
              what the candles might mean.. I really do respect each of your
              opinions and suggestions...
              I didn't mean to start up something on what olokun is or what is
              not..

              Thanks again !!!

              --- In santeriaonline@yahoogroups.com, "Oni Okoto" <oniokoto@...>
              wrote:

              > Lets be honest with one another... What are orishas? They are
              spirits. They are enlightened (as I have been told) spirits. They
              are a source of energy.

              > oni okoto.
              >

              > In a message dated 04/03/08 17:22:05 Eastern Daylight Time,
              awo1@... writes:
              > Alafia:
              >
              > I believe what our member is stating is that Olokun is associated
              with
              > Egun, i.e., spirit.
              > There are hundreds of thousands of our ancestors at the bottom of
              the
              > Ocean. I was also told this about Olokun. In fact, my Iya de
              Olokun,
              > who has over 60 years at this point, 50 years when I received
              Olokun,
              > told me to keep my Olokun near my boveda. So, yes, there is a
              strong
              > connection between Olokun and Egun (spirits).
              >
              > One...
              > Oba Anya, Oni-Oni
              >
              > Hurtado Thompson wrote:
              > >
              > > huh?? Olokun is also a spirit??
              > >
              > > Why do people always think right away that something was thrown
              at
              > > them? Right away it's brujeria. How are you gonna tell her what
              to do
              > > against a brujeria that you don't even know exists?
              > >
              > > If she's unsure, she should get Obi and ask olokun what's wrong,
              just
              > > remember.. in Olokun, Itawa is the firmest letra there is!
              > >
              > > Andreas

              weight:bold;color:#333;text-transform:uppercase;}
              > > #ygrp-vital ul{
              > > padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
              > > #ygrp-vital ul li{
              > > list-style-type:none;clear:both;border:1px solid #e0ecee;
              > > }
              > > #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
              > > font-weight:bold;color:#ff7900;float:right;width:2em;text-
              align:right;padding-right:.5em;}

            • cinis7@aol.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 4, 2008
                first olokun is the stability all the iguoros. and if you know about the
                religion you should know also what you do with the olokun water and what you can
                do with it. that is why i said that and if in a candle she seen face it
                means one thing