Candles

  • oshun31806
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 2, 2008
      Bendicion santeros mayores y menores..

      alafia to all

      I just have a question in particular about candles. Does it have a
      meaning when the candle glass brakes or when it turns black around it.

      I'm asking because I been lighting candles (two since I have santo) to
      my olokun and this is the third time one of glass brakes and it has
      like a shadow of a man and a woman. It is really weird.

      waiting for a response if any abures have any feedback i'll appreciated.

      Thanks,

      Omo Obba
    • oshun31806

          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 3, 2008
            Alafia,

            Yes, I do have Kari ocha made. Olokun is an orisha that talked a lot on my ita and I wasnt I don't some of what he asked me to do, anyways l dont light candles all the time but once in a while I do.

            thanks,

            omo Obba

            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 3, 2008
              check with the your spirit because olokun is not only orisha is also spirit
              and it look like she triying to show something that is going on in your house
              it seem that somebody throw you something, i myself trust olokun like it is
              my ganga she let me know when something is wrong. let me know is somethng
              change in your house or life and i will tell you what to do

            • Hurtado Thompson
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 3, 2008
                Claudia,

                You need to realize that Olokun represents stability and firmness, if this is something that you currently do not have in your life or your path of Ocha, Olokun is trying to send you that message. You really need to figure out which path to chose and walk that path. Stay with it and bring stability into your life. Once you have chosen your path, you need to make your intentions known and go full steam ahead. Also check your health, the shadow in the candle speaks of bad physical health, blood related.

                ANDREAS

                Yes, I do have Kari ocha made. Olokun is an orisha that talked a lot on my ita and I wasnt I don't some of what he asked me to do, anyways l dont light candles all the time but once in a while I do.

                thanks,

                omo Obba

                <!--

                #ygrp-mkp{
                #ygrp-mkp hr{
                border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}
                #ygrp-mkp #hd{
                #ygrp-mkp #ads{
                margin-bottom:10px;}
                #ygrp-mkp .ad{
                padding:0 0;}
                #ygrp-mkp .ad a{
                color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
                -->

                <!--

                #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc{
                font-family:Arial;}
                #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd{
                #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{
                margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}
                -->

                <!--

                #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
                #ygrp-text{
                font-family:Georgia;
                }
                #ygrp-text p{
                margin:0 0 1em 0;}
                #ygrp-tpmsgs{
                font-family:Arial;
                clear:both;}
                #ygrp-vitnav{
                #ygrp-vitnav a{
                padding:0 1px;}
                #ygrp-actbar{
                #ygrp-actbar .left{
                float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
                .bld{font-weight:bold;}
                #ygrp-grft{
                #ygrp-ft{
                padding:5px 0;
                }
                #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
                padding-bottom:10px;}

                #ygrp-reco {
                margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;}
                #ygrp-reco #reco-head {
                font-weight:bold;color:#ff7900;}

                #reco-grpname{
                font-weight:bold;margin-top:10px;}
                #reco-category{
                font-size:77%;}
                #reco-desc{
                font-size:77%;}

                #ygrp-vital{
                #ygrp-vital #vithd{
                #ygrp-vital ul{
                padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
                #ygrp-vital ul li{
                }
                #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
                #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
                font-weight:bold;}
                #ygrp-vital a{
                text-decoration:none;}

                #ygrp-vital a:hover{
                text-decoration:underline;}

                #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
                color:#999;font-size:77%;}
                #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
                #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
                padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
                #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
                #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
                text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
                #ygrp-sponsor #nc{
                #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
                padding:8px 0;}
                #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
                #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
                text-decoration:none;}
                #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
                text-decoration:underline;}
                #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
                margin:0;}
                o{font-size:0;}
                .MsoNormal{
                margin:0 0 0 0;}
                #ygrp-text tt{
                font-size:120%;}
                blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
                .replbq{margin:4;}
                -->

              • Hurtado Thompson
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 3, 2008
                  huh?? Olokun is also a spirit??

                  Why do people always think right away that something was thrown at them? Right away it's brujeria. How are you gonna tell her what to do against a brujeria that you don't even know exists?

                  If she's unsure, she should get Obi and ask olokun what's wrong, just remember.. in Olokun, Itawa is the firmest letra there is!

                  Andreas

                  check with the your spirit because olokun is not only orisha is also spirit
                  and it look like she triying to show something that is going on in your house
                  it seem that somebody throw you something, i myself trust olokun like it is
                  my ganga she let me know when something is wrong. let me know is somethng
                  change in your house or life and i will tell you what to do

                  ************ **Planning your summer road trip? Check out AOL Travel Guides.
                  (http://travel. aol.com/travel- guide/united- states?ncid= aoltrv0003000000 0016)

                  <!--

                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 3, 2008
                    Well if you light a candle to Olokun put some thought into why your doing it.. and then determine why the candles are coming out the way they are.

                    I know people who keep lighting candles until the candle bottle comes out white. White is a light of progress.

                    The reason why I asked is because it is SAID that olokun is one of the orisha's that is not to be bothered too much. She is for your stability, health, wealth and all the ire that may come your way.

                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 3, 2008
                        Alafia:

                        I believe what our member is stating is that Olokun is associated with
                        Egun, i.e., spirit.
                        There are hundreds of thousands of our ancestors at the bottom of the
                        Ocean. I was also told this about Olokun. In fact, my Iya de Olokun,
                        who has over 60 years at this point, 50 years when I received Olokun,
                        told me to keep my Olokun near my boveda. So, yes, there is a strong
                        connection between Olokun and Egun (spirits).

                        One...
                        Oba Anya, Oni-Oni

                        Hurtado Thompson wrote:

                        > huh?? Olokun is also a spirit??
                        >
                        > Why do people always think right away that something was thrown at
                        > them? Right away it's brujeria. How are you gonna tell her what to do
                        > against a brujeria that you don't even know exists?
                        >
                        > If she's unsure, she should get Obi and ask olokun what's wrong, just
                        > remember.. in Olokun, Itawa is the firmest letra there is!
                        >
                        > Andreas

                      • Oni Okoto
                        Message 11 of 13 , Apr 3, 2008
                          Lets be honest with one another... What are orishas? They are spirits. They are enlightened (as I have been told) spirits. They are a source of energy.

                          oni okoto.

                          Hurtado Thompson wrote:

                          > huh?? Olokun is also a spirit??
                          >
                          > Why do people always think right away that something was thrown at
                          > them? Right away it's brujeria. How are you gonna tell her what to do
                          > against a brujeria that you don't even know exists?
                          >
                          > If she's unsure, she should get Obi and ask olokun what's wrong, just
                          > remember.. in Olokun, Itawa is the firmest letra there is!
                          >
                          > Andreas

                        • oshun31806
                          Message 12 of 13 , Apr 4, 2008
                            Thanks for everybody that replied to my post ! I appreciated it and
                            I understand that probably everyone has their very own opinion on
                            what the candles might mean.. I really do respect each of your
                            opinions and suggestions...
                            I didn't mean to start up something on what olokun is or what is
                            not..

                            Thanks again !!!

                            --- In santeriaonline@yahoogroups.com, "Oni Okoto" <oniokoto@...>
                            wrote:

                            > Lets be honest with one another... What are orishas? They are
                            spirits. They are enlightened (as I have been told) spirits. They
                            are a source of energy.

                            > oni okoto.
                            >

                            > In a message dated 04/03/08 17:22:05 Eastern Daylight Time,
                            awo1@... writes:
                            > Alafia:
                            >
                            > I believe what our member is stating is that Olokun is associated
                            with
                            > Egun, i.e., spirit.
                            > There are hundreds of thousands of our ancestors at the bottom of
                            the
                            > Ocean. I was also told this about Olokun. In fact, my Iya de
                            Olokun,
                            > who has over 60 years at this point, 50 years when I received
                            Olokun,
                            > told me to keep my Olokun near my boveda. So, yes, there is a
                            strong
                            > connection between Olokun and Egun (spirits).
                            >
                            > One...
                            > Oba Anya, Oni-Oni
                            >
                            > Hurtado Thompson wrote:
                            > >
                            > > huh?? Olokun is also a spirit??
                            > >
                            > > Why do people always think right away that something was thrown
                            at
                            > > them? Right away it's brujeria. How are you gonna tell her what
                            to do
                            > > against a brujeria that you don't even know exists?
                            > >
                            > > If she's unsure, she should get Obi and ask olokun what's wrong,
                            just
                            > > remember.. in Olokun, Itawa is the firmest letra there is!
                            > >
                            > > Andreas

                            weight:bold;color:#333;text-transform:uppercase;}
                            > > #ygrp-vital ul{
                            > > padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
                            > > #ygrp-vital ul li{
                            > > list-style-type:none;clear:both;border:1px solid #e0ecee;
                            > > }
                            > > #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
                            > > font-weight:bold;color:#ff7900;float:right;width:2em;text-
                            align:right;padding-right:.5em;}

                          • cinis7@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 13 , Apr 4, 2008
                              first olokun is the stability all the iguoros. and if you know about the
                              religion you should know also what you do with the olokun water and what you can
                              do with it. that is why i said that and if in a candle she seen face it
                              means one thing