A Time Comes In Your Life

  • Pablo Gerardo
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 4, 2008
      A Time Comes In Your Life

      As we prepare for the actual shift of the year, March 21, one most
      prepare and it is a perfect time to look at ourselves. Who are we,
      where are we going?
      A time comes in your life when you finally get it. When in the midst
      of all your fears and insanity you stop dead in your tracks and
      somewhere the voice inside your head cries out - ENOUGH!

      Enough fighting and crying or struggling to hold on. And, like a
      child
      quieting down after a blind tantrum, your sobs begin to subside, you
      shudder once or twice, you blink back your tears and through a mantle
      of wet lashes you begin to look at the world through new eyes.

      This is your awakening. You realize that it's time to stop hoping and
      waiting for something to change, or for happiness, safety and
      security to come galloping over the next horizon. You come to terms
      with the fact that he is not Prince Charming and you are not
      Cinderella and that in the real world there aren't always fairy tale
      endings (or beginnings for that matter). And that any guarantee
      of "happily ever after" must begin with you, and in the process a
      sense of serenity is born of acceptance.

      You awaken to the fact that you are not perfect, and that not
      everyone will always love, appreciate or approve of who or what you
      are and it's OK. (They are entitled to their own views and opinions.)
      And you learn the importance of loving and championing yourself, and
      in the process a sense of newly found confidence is born of self-
      approval.

      You stop bitching and blaming other people for the things they did to
      you (or didn't do for you) and you learn that the only thing you can
      really count on is the unexpected. You learn that not everyone will
      always be there for you, and that it's not always about you. So, you
      learn to stand on your own and to take care of yourself and in the
      process a sense of safety and security is born of self-reliance.

      You stop judging and pointing fingers, and you begin to accept people
      as they are and to over look their shortcomings and human frailties
      and in the process a sense of peace and contentment is born of
      forgiveness.

      You realize that much of the way you view yourself, and the world
      around you, is a result of all the messages and opinions that have
      been ingrained into your psyche. And you begin to sift through all
      the crap you've been fed about how you should behave, how you should
      look, how much you shouldn't weigh, what you should wear, where you
      should shop, what you should drive, how and where you should live,
      what you should do for a living, who you should sleep with, who you
      should marry, what you should expect of a marriage, the importance of
      having and raising children, or what you owe your parents.

      You learn to open up to new worlds and different points of view. And
      you begin reassessing and redefining who you are and what you really
      stand for. You learn the difference between wanting and needing, and
      you begin to discard the doctrines and values you've outgrown, or
      should never have bought into to begin with, and in the process you
      learn to go with your instincts. You learn to distinguish between
      guilt and responsibility, and the importance of setting boundaries
      and learning to say NO. You learn that the only cross to bear is the
      one you choose to carry, and that martyrs get burned at the stake.

      Then you learn about love. Romantic love and familial love.
      How to love, how much to give in love, when to stop giving, and when
      to walk away.
      You learn not to project your needs or your feelings onto a
      relationship.
      You learn that you will not be more beautiful, more intelligent, more
      lovable, or important because of the man or woman on your arm or the
      child that bears your name.

      You learn to look at relationships as they really are and not as you
      would have them be. You stop trying to control people, situations,
      and outcomes.
      You learn that just as people grow and change, so it is with love.
      And you learn that you don't have the right to demand love on your
      terms. Just to make you happy. And, you learn that 'alone' does not
      mean lonely.

      And you look in the mirror and come to terms with the fact that you
      will never be a size 30 or a perfect 10 and you stop trying to
      compete with the image inside your head and agonizing over how
      you "stack up." You also stop working so hard at putting feelings
      aside, smoothing things over, and ignoring your needs.

      You learn that feelings of entitlement are perfectly OK. . . and that
      it is your right to want things that you want. And that sometimes it
      is necessary to make demands. You come to the realization that you
      deserve to be treated with love, kindness, sensitivity, and respect
      and you will not settle for less. And you allow only the hands of a
      lover who cherishes you, to glorify you with his or her touch. And in
      the process you internalize the meaning of self-respect.

      And you learn that your body really is your temple. You begin eating
      a balanced diet, drinking more water, and taking more time to
      exercise. You learn that fatigue diminishes the spirit and can create
      doubt and fear, so you take more time to rest. And, just as food
      fuels the body, laughter fuels our soul, so you take more time to
      laugh and to play.

      You learn that, for the most part, in life you get what you believe
      you
      deserve. And that much of life is a self-fulfilling prophecy. You
      learn that anything worth achieving is worth working for, and that
      wishing for something to happen is different from working toward
      making it happen.
      More importantly, you learn that in order to achieve success, you
      need
      direction, discipline, and perseverance.

      You also learn that no one can do it all alone and its OK to risk
      asking for help. You learn that the only thing you must truly fear is
      the great robber baron of all time: FEAR itself. You learn to step
      right into and through your fears, because you know that whatever
      happens you can handle it, and to give in to fear is to give away the
      right to live life on your terms.

      You learn to fight for your life and not to squander it living under
      a cloud of impending doom. You learn that life isn't always fair, you
      don't always get what you think you deserve, and that sometimes bad
      things happen to unsuspecting, good people. On these occasions you
      learn not to personalize things. You learn that God isn't punishing
      you or failing to answer your prayers. It's just life happening. And
      you learn to deal with evil in its most primal state - the ego.

      You learn that negative feelings such as anger, envy, and resentment
      must be understood and redirected, or they will suffocate the life
      out of you and poison the universe that surrounds you.

      You learn to admit when you are wrong and to build bridges instead of
      walls.
      You learn to be thankful and to take comfort in many of the simple
      things we take for granted, things that millions of people upon the
      earth can only dream about a full refrigerator, clean running water,
      a soft warm bed, a long hot shower. Slowly, you begin to take
      responsibility for yourself, by yourself, and you try to make
      yourself a promise to never betray yourself and to never ever settle
      for less than your heart's desire. And you hang a wind chime outside
      your window so you can listen to the wind. And you make it a point to
      keep smiling, to keep trusting, and to stay open to every wonderful
      possibility.

      Finally, with the courage in your heart, with God ( Olofi ), the
      orisha's and egun by your side, you take a stand, you take a deep
      breath, and you begin to design the life you want to live as best as
      you can.

      Wishing everyone the very best.
      May Obatala always bless and guide you all.

      Paul
      Omo Obatala
      Miami, Florida
      04-March-2008
      My URL: myspace.com/santeriaonline
    • Albee7447@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 4, 2008
        Bendicion Paul
        That was beautiful, and so very true.
        Alberta

      • Denise Velez
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 4, 2008
          This is true Thursday is my bday and I so desire to change one thing about my self.. something unique.. to grow we must change.. Evolution..

          Ache.. very much..
          Denise

          I GOT TO THINKING ABOUT RELATIONSHIPS. THERE ARE THOSE THAT OPEN
          YOU UP TO SOMETHING NEW AND EXOTIC, THOSE THAT ARE OLD FAMILIAR, THOSE THAT BRING YOU SOMEWHERE UNEXPECTED, THOSE THAT BRING YOU FAR FROM WHERE YOU STARTED, BUT THE MOST EXCITING, CHALLENGING, AND SIGNIFICANT RELATIONSHIP OF ALL IS THE ONE YOU HAVE WITH YOURSELF AND IF YOU FIND SOMEONE TO LOVE THE YOU, YOU LOVE, WELL THAT'S JUST FABULOUS!!!!

          There is not a tongue that talks that God doesn't punish!!!!

          After the birth of Matilda, Ledger was quoted as saying, "Before, I felt like I was floating through life,like a ghost; I may not have even existed." Ditto, my son completes me!! ( my Che Che)

[...]

          <!--

          #ygrp-mkp{
          #ygrp-mkp hr{
          border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}
          #ygrp-mkp #hd{
          #ygrp-mkp #ads{
          margin-bottom:10px;}
          #ygrp-mkp .ad{
          padding:0 0;}
          #ygrp-mkp .ad a{
          color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
          -->

          <!--

          #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc{
          font-family:Arial;}
          #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd{
          #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{
          margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}
          -->

          <!--

          #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
          #ygrp-text{
          font-family:Georgia;
          }
          #ygrp-text p{
          margin:0 0 1em 0;}
          #ygrp-tpmsgs{
          font-family:Arial;
          clear:both;}
          #ygrp-vitnav{
          #ygrp-vitnav a{
          padding:0 1px;}
          #ygrp-actbar{
          #ygrp-actbar .left{
          float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
          .bld{font-weight:bold;}
          #ygrp-grft{
          #ygrp-ft{
          padding:5px 0;
          }
          #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
          padding-bottom:10px;}

          #ygrp-vital{
          #ygrp-vital #vithd{
          #ygrp-vital ul{
          padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
          #ygrp-vital ul li{
          }
          #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
          #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
          font-weight:bold;}
          #ygrp-vital a{
          text-decoration:none;}

          #ygrp-vital a:hover{
          text-decoration:underline;}

          #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
          color:#999;font-size:77%;}
          #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
          #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
          padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
          #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
          #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
          text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
          #ygrp-sponsor #nc{
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
          padding:8px 0;}
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
          text-decoration:none;}
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
          text-decoration:underline;}
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
          margin:0;}
          o{font-size:0;}
          .MsoNormal{
          margin:0 0 0 0;}
          #ygrp-text tt{
          font-size:120%;}
          blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
          .replbq{margin:4;}
          -->

        • Ceasar
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 4, 2008
            --- In santeriaonline@yahoogroups.com, "Pablo Gerardo"
            <santeriaonline@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > a soft warm bed, a long hot shower. Slowly, you begin to take
            > responsibility for yourself, by yourself, and you try to make
            > yourself a promise to never betray yourself and to never ever
            settle
            > for less than your heart's desire. And you hang a wind chime
            outside
            > your window so you can listen to the wind. And you make it a point
            > keep smiling, to keep trusting, and to stay open to every wonderful
            > possibility.
            >
            > Finally, with the courage in your heart, with God ( Olofi ), the
            > orisha's and egun by your side, you take a stand, you take a deep
            > breath, and you begin to design the life you want to live as best
            as
            > you can.
            >
            > Wishing everyone the very best.
            > May Obatala always bless and guide you all.

            Ache,Ache,Ache...Ache
          • chub tru

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 6, 2008
                Hi, my name is Ileana Hernandez (aka: qbanprincez68)I am a 39yr old
                Cuban-american living in New Jersey. I have posted a message before I
                realized that I can reply to yours, this is a beautiful writing, it
                couldn't have come to me in a better time. You see I just lost my
                baby, ( I was one week shy of 3mnths) I was looking forward so much
                for this baby. After trying for so long, Olofi had finally answered
                my prayers, but then I lost my baby.This would have been my first
                child. I am in so much pain (emotionally) that I don't know where to
                go or who to speak with, yes I have friends and family that support
                and love me, but they do not understand how much I wanted this Baby.I
                am enclosing the message I have posted. I would appreciate it if you
                or anyone else that can explain to me why this happens to reply me. I
                would also like to be added to your friends on myspace. I tried to
                add you but I couldn't since I do not know your last name or have
                your email. May Olofi Bless you and yours,
                Ileana (qbanprincez68)

                I would like to know why do bad things happen. I know that they happen
                for a reason, but why? Let me try to explain what happened to me. You
                see I went to Miami for surgery, so happens that I couldn't have the
                surgery because I was pregnant. (to my surprise) I been trying to have
                a baby for over 20yrs. (I gave up.) Now that I was getting used to the
                fact that God finally answered my prayers I lose my baby. Can anyone
                please explain this to me. I know that God works in mysterious ways,
                but what have I done to deserve this. My boyfriend swears that someone
                has given us the evil eye or something like that. I do believe
                in "brujeria" but I can't believe that someone will harm an innocent
                creature of God that is just being formed. The only good thing that
                has
                happened to us this year was that of my unborn child until now that I
                lost him/her. I would appreciate any feedback from anyone that knows
                why this happens. I have much faith in God but moments like this I
                really wonder if there is a God. Please forgive me if you do exist,
                but
                please understand me, all I ever wanted is to have a child and now I
                lost that chance.

                <santeriaonline@...> wrote:

> [...]
                > a soft warm bed, a long hot shower. Slowly, you begin to take
                > responsibility for yourself, by yourself, and you try to make
                > yourself a promise to never betray yourself and to never ever
                settle
                > for less than your heart's desire. And you hang a wind chime
                outside
                > your window so you can listen to the wind. And you make it a point
                > keep smiling, to keep trusting, and to stay open to every wonderful
                > possibility.
                >
                > Finally, with the courage in your heart, with God ( Olofi ), the
                > orisha's and egun by your side, you take a stand, you take a deep
                > breath, and you begin to design the life you want to live as best
                as
                > you can.
                >
                > Wishing everyone the very best.
                > May Obatala always bless and guide you all.

              • Shirley Olatunji Aresa
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 14, 2008
                  Alafia ,
                  May start by first saying I am extremly sorry to hear of your lost.
                  It will help you to learn a little more about yoruba belief. This
                  may not help you at this time since you are grieving but your baby
                  may have been an ancestor who had only to complete a short tim eon
                  earth . The baby could have also come to teach some sort of lesson.
                  In the traditional branch their are divinations done doing the
                  womans pregnacy to see what and who is coming to earth . Do not get
                  depress go to a Ifa priest and get a reading done you may need ebo
                  done and you will get a bette runderstanding about what is goin gon
                  with you.Once again I am very sorry to hear of your loss my oshun
                  bless you with a healthy baby soon.

                  -- In santeriaonline@yahoogroups.com, "qbanprincez68"
                  <qbanprincez68@...> wrote:

> [...]
                  > > yourself a promise to never betray yourself and to never ever
                  > settle
                  > > for less than your heart's desire. And you hang a wind chime
                  > outside
                  > > your window so you can listen to the wind. And you make it a
                  point
                  > > keep smiling, to keep trusting, and to stay open to every
                  wonderful
                  > > possibility.
                  > >
                  > > Finally, with the courage in your heart, with God ( Olofi ), the
                  > > orisha's and egun by your side, you take a stand, you take a
                  deep
                  > > breath, and you begin to design the life you want to live as
                  best
                  > as
                  > > you can.
                  > >
                  > > Wishing everyone the very best.
                  > > May Obatala always bless and guide you all.

                • Ademuyiwa
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 15, 2008
                    I just read this, thank you for the powerful, powerful message! Ase

                    If Who you are is a gift from God, then What you become is your gift To God.

                    _____