Re: blog entry on difference of traditional and lucumi denomination

  • babaifalola
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 2007
      O gbo ato,
      No, this is not jose, this is marcos. I'm actually in Switzerland
      (though I lived in san francisco for a long time).

      Odabo
      Ifalola

      --- In santeriaonline@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <ogbewale@...> wrote:

      > Iboru Iboya Ibocheche,
      > Jose is that you, werent you the one who did the tambor in seattle a
      > few months ago?

    • Chris
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 6, 2007
        Oh, I recently was doing the ritual sacrifice for a Shango initiation
        in Seattle washington and Jose did a drumming there. Ifayemi was there
        too. I saw Jose's picture aand thought it was you. How are things in
        switzerland, any Ifa/orisha community up there?
        Iboru Iboya Ibocheche
        Awo Ogbewale
      • babaifalola
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 6, 2007
          Alaafia,

          Jose Barroso (osa ogunda) is actually my Ojugbona in Ifa, he went to
          Nigeria with me to do my Itefa, and I also know Ifayemi (there's a
          picture of all of us on the website from a tambor in San Francisco)
          (I'm in blue with green pants and the kangol). As to Orisha
          communities, there is an Awo Ifa here and he has a small group of Bata
          players, so I've actually met up with them three times now and got a
          chance to play, which is great. I hear there is a larger lucumi
          community here in Zurich, but I've not really had any contact with
          them yet.

          Odabo
          Awo Ifalola