Re: blog entry on difference of traditional and lucumi denomination

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 2007
      Iboru Iboya Ibocheche,
      Jose is that you, werent you the one who did the tambor in seattle a
      few months ago?

    • babaifalola
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4, 2007
        O gbo ato,
        No, this is not jose, this is marcos. I'm actually in Switzerland
        (though I lived in san francisco for a long time).

        Odabo
        Ifalola

        --- In santeriaonline@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <ogbewale@...> wrote:

        > Iboru Iboya Ibocheche,
        > Jose is that you, werent you the one who did the tambor in seattle a
        > few months ago?

      • Chris
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 6, 2007
          Oh, I recently was doing the ritual sacrifice for a Shango initiation
          in Seattle washington and Jose did a drumming there. Ifayemi was there
          too. I saw Jose's picture aand thought it was you. How are things in
          switzerland, any Ifa/orisha community up there?
          Iboru Iboya Ibocheche
          Awo Ogbewale
        • babaifalola
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 6, 2007
            Alaafia,

            Jose Barroso (osa ogunda) is actually my Ojugbona in Ifa, he went to
            Nigeria with me to do my Itefa, and I also know Ifayemi (there's a
            picture of all of us on the website from a tambor in San Francisco)
            (I'm in blue with green pants and the kangol). As to Orisha
            communities, there is an Awo Ifa here and he has a small group of Bata
            players, so I've actually met up with them three times now and got a
            chance to play, which is great. I hear there is a larger lucumi
            community here in Zurich, but I've not really had any contact with
            them yet.

            Odabo
            Awo Ifalola