blog entry on difference of traditional and lucumi denomination

  • babaifalola
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 3, 2007
      Alaafia,

      There was recently a discussion as to what the difference is between
      African Traditional Orisha Worship and the Lucumi Denomination and so
      I wrote a blog piece on it. Thought people might be curious to see it
      and my other postings. http://ifalola.blogspot.com

      I always love hearing feedback so feel free to email me.

      Odabo,
      Awo Ifalola omo iwori aweda
      http://360.yahoo.com/babaifalola
    • Chris
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4, 2007
        Iboru Iboya Ibocheche,
        Jose is that you, werent you the one who did the tambor in seattle a
        few months ago?

      • babaifalola
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 4, 2007
          O gbo ato,
          No, this is not jose, this is marcos. I'm actually in Switzerland
          (though I lived in san francisco for a long time).

          Odabo
          Ifalola

          --- In santeriaonline@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <ogbewale@...> wrote:

          > Iboru Iboya Ibocheche,
          > Jose is that you, werent you the one who did the tambor in seattle a
          > few months ago?

        • Chris
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 6, 2007
            Oh, I recently was doing the ritual sacrifice for a Shango initiation
            in Seattle washington and Jose did a drumming there. Ifayemi was there
            too. I saw Jose's picture aand thought it was you. How are things in
            switzerland, any Ifa/orisha community up there?
            Iboru Iboya Ibocheche
            Awo Ogbewale
          • babaifalola
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 6, 2007
              Alaafia,

              Jose Barroso (osa ogunda) is actually my Ojugbona in Ifa, he went to
              Nigeria with me to do my Itefa, and I also know Ifayemi (there's a
              picture of all of us on the website from a tambor in San Francisco)
              (I'm in blue with green pants and the kangol). As to Orisha
              communities, there is an Awo Ifa here and he has a small group of Bata
              players, so I've actually met up with them three times now and got a
              chance to play, which is great. I hear there is a larger lucumi
              community here in Zurich, but I've not really had any contact with
              them yet.

              Odabo
              Awo Ifalola