Reminder!!! - Isin Ibile - First Public Traditional Worship Service - Sunday, November 5th, 1pm

  • Baba Awo Aiku
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2006
      Isin Ibile - First Public Traditional Worship Service - Sunday,
      November 5th!

      *Please forward this to all your email lists and friends that may be
      interested.

      Asaforitifa Temple of Orisa would like to invite folks to our first
      public traditional (Indigenous Yoruba Orisa Tradition) worship
      service on Sunday, November 5th 2006 at 1pm sharp. This service is
      for all the Orisa (Irunmole) and is open to priests and devotees,
      young and old.

      Feel free to bring offerings of bottles of alcoholic drink (such as
      gin or rum), obi abata (kolanuts that divide into 3 or more parts),
      cloth (such as white, blue, yellow, red, etc., plain, guinea brocade,
      lace, etc.), and/or monetary donation (tithing). Feel free to also
      bring any light refreshments.

      Its a good time for all of us to come together to pray for ourselves,
      our loved ones, and our community. The service will start at 1pm and
      there will be some singing, percussion and light celebration and
      dancing. Feel free to wear Yoruba or African-inspired clothing.
      White will also be very appropriate on the 5th since it will fall on
      an Obatala in our traditional 4-day Yoruba week.

      The address is:
      411 Barbey Street 1st floor
      Brooklyn, NY 11207

      For more information and directions call 347-789-1750

      I hope to see you all here!

      Baba Awo Aiku
      Asaforitifa Temple of Orisa
      ILE OLOOSA MOKANLA