  • Mediator_Lady
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2002
      Hello,

      Does anyone here know of a reputable babalawo in the Los Angeles
      area?
      I have tried going to a botanica, and wasn't allowed in the front
      door. I am black and I don't speak spanish.

      Thank you for whatever help you can give me.
    • sevenafricanpowers7
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2002
        Hi,

        Well I am sorry to hear you was not let in. Was the botanica own by a
        Mexican? I have a close friend of mines that lives out in L.A. and
        can help find you a bablawo. He is black but spanish from Puerto
        Rico. He told me that the same thing happen to him when he first went
        to one out in L.A. He said the one botanica he went to was own by
        Mexicans and they don't like dealing with people that are black even
        if you are Puerto Rican. Its sad but ture. If you would of went to a
        botanica out in the East like NY, Florida, Philly and other cities
        out here that would not had happen. But then again all the botanicas
        are own by Puerto Ricans and Cubans out here. Well email me and i
        will send you his email ok. Good Luck!

        --- In santeriaonline@y..., Mediator_Lady <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > Does anyone here know of a reputable babalawo in the Los Angeles
        > area?
        > I have tried going to a botanica, and wasn't allowed in the front
        > door. I am black and I don't speak spanish.
        >
        > Thank you for whatever help you can give me.
      • fithgenwitch
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 22, 2002
          --- In santeriaonline@y..., Mediator_Lady <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > Hello,
          >
          > Does anyone here know of a reputable babalawo in the Los Angeles
          > area?
          > I have tried going to a botanica, and wasn't allowed in the front
          > door. I am black and I don't speak spanish.
          >
          > Thank you for whatever help you can give me.

          They wouldn't let you in the front door???
          I thought miami was bad..
          we have racist white Cubans who worship African Gods..
          isn't that something.
          if I was you try to find a Puerto Rican owned botanica
          they will know english and they will help you.
          or use an on line botanica.