new to group

  • Sunder Khalsa
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 15, 2004
      Alafia and blessings! I am new to the group and wanted to say hello. I am writing to you from Minneapolis, but I generally reside in Tampa, Florida and Negril, Jamaica. I am looking for godparents -- have received Elekes & warriors, but the house I was in in California disintegrated -- and I am looking for a replacement Ochun Eleke. If anyone has resources in that area, I'd be grateful. Thank you, Paul, for forwarding what you have written on those subjects.

      Has anyone read the book "Finding Soul on the Path of the Orisa." I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thank you, Sunder

    • ceasar lecea
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 15, 2004
        Alafia Abure,Sorry about your Ile,but sometimes those things happen. I make ellekes...price depends on the materials used,I usually use Czech glass,red coral,and amber...I can have it washed and fed for you,if you like.My god parents can do it. Email me directly for more details. Or you can call my cell phone 202-607-3194.Thanks.
        -Ceasar Lecea

        Sunder Khalsa <negrilyogini@...> wrote:
        Alafia and blessings! I am new to the group and wanted to say hello. I am writing to you from Minneapolis, but I generally reside in Tampa, Florida and Negril, Jamaica. I am looking for godparents -- have received Elekes & warriors, but the house I was in in California disintegrated -- and I am looking for a replacement Ochun Eleke. If anyone has resources in that area, I'd be grateful. Thank you, Paul, for forwarding what you have written on those subjects.

        Has anyone read the book "Finding Soul on the Path of the Orisa." I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thank you, Sunder

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • Sunder Khalsa
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 15, 2004
          Alafia, and thank you for responding, Ceasar. Yes, I would like the whole thing: for you to make the Eleke and to have your God parents wash and feed... I only need my Ochun Eleke. I would also be willing to pay for a reading to see which path of Ochun eleke I need. I couldn't tell you that.

          If you can let me know the cost, I can pay for this event around the first week of October. I could send you a check or money order at that time and you could do the work when you get the money.

          Let me know what you think. Thank you again.

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 16, 2004
            LECEA.. you would have to make santo to know which path of ochun's eleke you would need... the path at this point doesn't matter if you are not crowned..my 7 cents,,, shirley odorosinmi
          • ceasar lecea
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 16, 2004
              Thank you,I am awhere of that. In our Ile we get the ellekes made in the path of our god parents. So when people get them we get them in the path of their Orishas.But thank you for your input. Maferefun Yemaya!!!!!!!!
              -Ceasar Lecea

              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 16, 2004
                Thank you, also. I was not aware of that: we can see my ignorance is showing. This makes me all the more grateful for this online group. I have been a little lost at sea in the world of humans, being guided by my own interpretation of the Orisa and by what I've read in books.

                I appreciate the guidance. Sunder

                yemayakid@... wrote:
                LECEA.. you would have to make santo to know which path of ochun's eleke you would need... the path at this point doesn't matter if you are not crowned..my 7 cents,,, shirley odorosinmi

                Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              • Noemi
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 16, 2004
                  Bendicion Shirley:

                  Shouldn't it be the path of Ochun of the person that places the eleke
                  on him/her?

                  Noemi Yemaya
                  --- In santeriaonline@yahoogroups.com, yemayakid@a... wrote:
                  > LECEA.. you would have to make santo to know which path of ochun's
                  eleke you would need... the path at this point doesn't matter if you
                  are not crowned..my 7 cents,,, shirley odorosinmi
                • Paul Silverio-Benet
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 16, 2004
                    Greetings,
                    This issues depends on how each house operates. I have seen some houses place the elekes on the same path as the godparent placing the elekes.

                    My house places the elekes on the orisha's basic colors ( no path ). Once the person is initiated, the collares ( Elekes ) are done on the individual's orisha path.

                    Again this boils down to how each house operates.
                    However, no orisha path is determined prior to someone being initiated.
                    The path of the orisha is determined in ITA.

                    Paul
                    Omo Obatala

                    Noemi <nrivera1117@...> wrote:
                    Bendicion Shirley:

                    Shouldn't it be the path of Ochun of the person that places the eleke
                    on him/her?

                    Noemi Yemaya
                    --- In santeriaonline@yahoogroups.com, yemayakid@a... wrote:
                    > LECEA.. you would have to make santo to know which path of ochun's
                    eleke you would need... the path at this point doesn't matter if you
                    are not crowned..my 7 cents,,, shirley odorosinmi

                    Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                  • KARELINA HARTWELL
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 16, 2004
                      Ashe to you Big brother...
                      I have not seen or heard from you in a long time.
                      I hope all is well.
                      Lina -ochalobbi Omo Obatala
                      --- Paul Silverio-Benet <santeriaonline@...>
                      wrote:

                      > Greetings,
                      > This issues depends on how each house operates. I
                      > have seen some houses place the elekes on the same
                      > path as the godparent placing the elekes.
                      >
                      > My house places the elekes on the orisha's basic
                      > colors ( no path ). Once the person is initiated,
                      > the collares ( Elekes ) are done on the individual's
                      > orisha path.
                      >
                      > Again this boils down to how each house operates.
                      > However, no orisha path is determined prior to
                      > someone being initiated.
                      > The path of the orisha is determined in ITA.
                      >
                      > Paul
                      > Omo Obatala
                      >
                      > Noemi <nrivera1117@...> wrote:
                      > Bendicion Shirley:
                      >
                      > Shouldn't it be the path of Ochun of the person that
                      > places the eleke
                      > on him/her?
                      >
                      > Noemi Yemaya
                      > --- In santeriaonline@yahoogroups.com,
                      > yemayakid@a... wrote:
                      > > LECEA.. you would have to make santo to know which
                      > path of ochun's
                      > eleke you would need... the path at this point
                      > doesn't matter if you
                      > are not crowned..my 7 cents,,, shirley odorosinmi
                      >

                      > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                      > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

                      > removed]

                      > --------------------~-->
                      > Toolbar.

                      http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/G3dslB/TM

                      =====
                      WIsdom is more about opening than about actually having answers. The truth will appear to the open soul. Only in the wisdom of humility do we truly see through our knowledge to the mirror beneath.

                      http://vote.yahoo.com
                    • yemayakid@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 16, 2004
                        In a message dated 9/16/2004 4:41:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                        nrivera1117@... writes:

                        Shouldn't it be the path of Ochun of the person that places the eleke
                        on him/her?

                        ache noemi and santo ,,, yes it can be ( i am not too sure about if it "
                        SHOULD " be but most houses do it that way ..my godmother did not so i would
                        say any pathis ok .. suppose there was an emergency and one had to put on a
                        collar of obatala asap,,, and it wasn't the*+camino of the god parents.. i
                        woul01d say that it does not matter ..but this is only an opinion hun.. .. and we
                        all know what those are like...lol... keep smilin" .........shirley