Santos and Eguns

  • Pablo Gerardo
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2004
      Greetings,

      Many times I am asked "What is the difference between Eguns and
      Santeria. Can one function without the other.

      The relgion has 4 arteries or branches:

      Palo - Espiritsmo - Santeria - IFA

      They are related, not all are called to serve in all 4 categories.

      The other day I came across an article, that I would like to share
      with the members of this community> The email was titled " opinion ",
      and in own words, a humble opinion.

      Written and posted by:

      "babaomi1" <babaomi1@...>

      Post was in a group called:

      Babalochas_Iyalochas@yahoogroups.com

      Post / Email:

      alaifa

      "in the most humble opinion" and i can respect what you have said
      omiyemaja but the problem is people are not shown that there is lower
      or higher energy the problem falls to those who have 9 10 even 40 yrs
      of Santo or Palo and don't show what is to be a big difference
      between eggun and Santo and energy and one must and i stress must
      teach the development of one spiritually or good karma because with
      out one you cant have the other The law of cause and effect Nothing
      ever happens to us unless we deserves it We receive exactly what we
      earn, whether it is good or bad We are the way we are now due to the
      things we have done in the past Our thoughts and actions determine
      the kind of life we can have If we do good things, in the future good
      things will happen to us If we do bad things, in the future bad
      things will happen to us Every moment we create new karma by what we
      say, do, and think If we understand this, we do not need to fear
      karma It becomes our friend It teaches us to create a bright future
      because all it become is pure gossip and not praise and what is
      sadly is beautiful thing have become misunderstood..... and everybody
      just talks shit...

      babaomi1

      Any comments?

      Paul