5725Re: [santacruzbees] brood in the honey frames

  • billsf9c
    Apr 15, 2014
      Posted by: kevinmcelhinny
      > ... "4 boxes up" is no guarantee the brood chamber
      isn't centered in box number three.

      I have read a few times, of brood being centered, and spanning 2-3
      boxes,
      in 4-5 & even 6 box hives. I hate excluders, but this could be a case
      for them.
      Restrict from one upper box at a time, and allowing a lot of time for
      adjustment.
      Once solid honey is in that upper-excluded box, having backfilled the
      old
      brood cells, the queen will not transgress huge areas of honey.

      BillSF9c
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic