      From: santacruzbees@yahoogroups.com [mailto:santacruzbees@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Patrick M.
      Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2014 9:39 AM
      To: santacruzbees@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [santacruzbees] Swam advice

      We've had a couple of swarms breeze through our property in the Soquel hills yesterday. I hope one might be the hive that disappeared in January but who knows.

      One swarm has landed up high in an oak tree. They are just about 5" higher than I could possibly get to on the upper rungs of a 10 foot ladder with a net on a 10 foot pole.

      I obviously can't reach them, but I'm wondering if it is advisable to try to knock them down with a bamboo pole and transport them in a box to my empty hive.

      Or...try to get ahold of some swarm attractant and put a bait hive near them.

      Any suggestions welcome!

      Also--does anyone know where I can get swarm attractant? Or a good recipe for the homemade stuff?

      Thanks,

      Bee P.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic