Meeting tonight 7/18/13

  • Phil Robinson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2013
      Please join us at 6pm for pizza and networking and our presentation at 6:30

      Our presentation will be "You Can Do That with T-SQL?"

      Session Abstract (This is a video from the PASS 2012 Summit)

      Through fun discussions and demos, you'll see how you can use Management
      Studio templates and roll your own templates, mine important backup,
      diagnostic, file size, and schema metadata from the SQL catalog views,
      dynamic management objects, and system tables within the master and
      msdbdatabases.

      Speaker Bio

      Tim Ford is a Microsoft SQL Server MVP and the Lead Database Administrator
      and SQL Server SME with Spectrum Health. He is owner of SQL Cruise (
      sqlcruise.com), specializing in MVP and MCM-led SQL Server and professional
      development training... on cruise ships! Tim has served as Leader of the
      West Michigan SQL Server Users Group, a community speaker, PASS volunteer,
      and author; his book with Louis Davidson, 'Performance Tuning with
      SQLServer Dynamic Management Views,' is now widely available. When not
      involved with SQL in one shape or form, Tim enjoys traveling, cooking,
      music, art, and fitness. He's an avid photographer and foodie and currently
      resides in Kalamazoo, MI, with his wife and two sons.

      Meeting location:

      New Horizons Computer Learning Center
      7480 Miramar Road Suite B202
      San Diego, CA 92126

      Detail directions to the building:

      East on Miramar Road from the 805.
      Turn left on Carroll Road at the Pyramid.
      Turn right into the parking lot.
      Suite B202 is upstairs in the last building on the left at the east end of
      the lot above Greene Music.