May Presentation User Group Meeting

  • Dan Denney
    Message 1 of 2 , May 14, 2013
      May User Group Meeting this Thursday the 14th

      Our presentation will be "Spatial Data" -- This will be a shared
      presentation with Inland Empire SQL Server Users Group

      Session Abstract
      The use of spatial data is becoming a standard part of today�s business
      environment. In recognition of this changing environment, SQL Server has
      supported spatial data since the 2008 release and continues to add spatial
      functionality in the latest 2012 release. This presentation will cover the
      spatial data types, methods and indexing strategies now available in both
      SQL Server and the Windows Azure SQL Database (SQL Azure) along with
      interesting anecdotes and demos of this most interesting technology.

      Speaker Bio
      Ed Katibah is a program manager on the Microsoft SQL Server Customer
      Advisory Team (SQLCAT). Ed began his professional career over 35 years ago
      while working as an academic researcher at the University of California,
      Berkeley on remote sensing issues and early geographic information system
      concepts. Ed has extensive experience in the spatial industry with jobs
      ranging from research, software development, consulting, application
      programming and large scale spatial database production systems. Since
      1996, Ed has worked exclusively on spatially-enabled database systems for
      Informix, IBM and now Microsoft.

      Meeting location:

      New Horizons Computer Learning Center
      7480 Miramar Road Suite B202
      San Diego, CA 92126

      Detail directions to the building:

      East on Miramar Road from the 805.
      Turn left on Carroll Road at the Pyramid.
      Turn right into the parking lot.
      Suite B202 is upstairs in the last building on the left at the east end of
      the lot above Greene Music.

    • Dan Denney
      Message 2 of 2 , May 14, 2013
        Sorry everyone, I meant it will be this Thursday, May 16th!