March meeting reminder - this Thursday March 21st

  • Phil Robinson
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18, 2013
      SQL Server Professionals,

      Please join us this Thursday March 21st for our regular meeting.
      Enjoy pizza and networking starting at 6:00 followed by our presentations
      at 6:30.

      Our presentation will be "SQL Server Consolidation Strategies"

      Session Abstract

      There are many approaches to SQL Server Consolidation. Each organization
      has unique business rules that impact the decision on which approach fits
      their needs best. This session will discuss the various approaches from
      Instance Stacking / Virtualization to Appliances and where they "fit".
      There will also be a discussion on the methods for data collection from
      Perfmon to Powershell and the Microsoft MAP Toolkit. Data Collection is
      only part of the process. Strategies to uncover the business rules are also
      discussed as these will be the true limiting factors of how far a
      consolidation effort can go. We will also take a look at Microsoft's latest
      Fast Track architecture for a Private Cloud and how that may play into your
      strategy.

      You will learn

      � about the various features of SQL Server that enable consolidation

      � about the different approaches for consolidating SQL Server

      � how to start building a framework for your organization

      � how licensing may impact your framework

      � how virtualization may fit into your consolidation strategy

      Speaker Bio

      Rick Heiges is a SQL Server MVP and a Solutions Architect with Scalability
      Experts working with customers on solutions within the SQL Server
      environment and educating users on SQL Server by speaking at user groups,
      conferences, labs, and road shows across the USA, Europe, and Africa. He
      holds an MBA and a M.S. in MIS as well as a B.S. in Computer Science. His
      career has dealt with a wide array of job responsibilities including
      professor, developer, trainer, database administrator, and project
      manager/leader. Rick has been involved with PASS since the spring of 2001
      and started up an Official PASS SQL Server user group in North Carolina as
      well as authoring several articles for the PASS technical journal, the SQL
      Server Standard. Rick served on the PASS Board of Directors from 2003 �
      2011 and started the 24 Hours of PASS virtual events.

      Meeting location:

      New Horizons Computer Learning Center
      7480 Miramar Road Suite B202
      San Diego, CA 92126

      Detail directions to the building:

      East on Miramar Road from the 805.
      Turn left on Carroll Road at the Pyramid.
      Turn right into the parking lot.
      Suite B202 is upstairs in the last building on the left at the east end of
      the lot above Greene Music.

      See you there.