January Meeting

  • Phil Robinson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2013
      SQL Server Professionals,

      Please join us Thursday January 17th for our first meeting of the year.
      Enjoy pizza and networking starting at 6:00 followed by our presentations
      at 6:30.

      Our presentation will be "Using XML in SQL Server 2008R2"

      Session Abstract

      This presentation gives an introduction to SQL/XML, XPath, XQuery, and
      SQLXML 4.0 Programming. Concepts are defined and demonstrated using real
      world examples. Other advanced techniques to be discussed include
      efficiently storing, updating, and parsing and further processing of XML
      data types in SQL Server 2008 R2 to support both transactional and
      decision-support systems.

      Speaker Bio

      Dingneng is currently the lead SQL developer and database team manager at
      ICW Group, a local insurance company, where he leads database development
      activities to meet growing business needs and challenges. His work with
      database and XML technologies dates back to 1998, when he followed his
      family to San Diego to work as a software engineer after doing chemistry
      R&D for eight years. He has developed several complex distributed SQL
      Server application and decision-support BI systems to support the largest
      intranet on the planet using SQL Sever and .NET technologies.

      Dingneng graduated from Southeast University of China, and received his
      Ph.D. in Chemistry from Purdue University in 1990 and M.S. in Computer
      Science from University of Colorado at Denver in 1998. He enjoys bridge and
      volleyball games.

      Meeting location:
      New Horizons Computer Learning Center
      7480 Miramar Road Suite B202
      San Diego, CA 92126
      Detail directions to the building:
      East on Miramar Road from the 805.
      Turn left on Carroll Road at the Pyramid.
      Turn right into the parking lot.
      Suite B202 is upstairs in the last building on the left at the east end of
      the lot above Greene Music.

      See you there.