Next Meeting November 15th.

  • Phil Robinson
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2012
      Our presentation will be "Tableau - What, Why and How"

      Session Abstract:
      Humans are visual creatures. 70% of what we perceive is visual. That said,
      communicating data visually is critically important to any BI project. I
      intend to show some key considerations and design techniques when
      visualizing data as well as demo how Tableau tackles these tasks. I will
      show how to quickly build a dashboard and share it via Tableau Server as
      well as how Tableau's data server can help speed things up and centralize
      your metric definitions. Please join me in learning a bit about Tableau and
      what it does exceedingly well and those things which it does not. For any
      specific questions prior to the preso please message me on twitter

      Ben Sullins, Business Intelligence Consultant, InterWorks

      Ben Sullins has over 13 years of experience in the Business Intelligence
      industry. Most recently, Ben joined the BI consulting team at InterWorks,
      Inc.; a firm that was recently named the first Tableau Gold Partner within
      the Tableau Partner Program. With InterWorks, Ben�s primary client focus
      has included consulting/training with reputable tech companies in Silicon
      Valley who looked to breathe new life into their data by visualizing it
      with Tableau. Prior to consulting for InterWorks, he was no stranger to
      large-scale analytics projects. Ben served as the Director of Business
      Intelligence at Bridgepoint Education, a for-profit higher education sector
      with nearly 100K online students, where he managed all aspects of their
      Business Intelligence systems including a large Tableau deployment with
      over 6K server users.

      Please join us for pizza and networking starting at 6:00 followed by our
      discussion at 6:30.

      Meeting location:
      New Horizons Computer Learning Center
      7480 Miramar Road Suite B202
      San Diego, CA 92126
      Detail directions to the building:
      East on Miramar Road from the 805.
      Turn left on Carroll Road at the Pyramid.
      Turn right into the parking lot.
      Suite B202 is upstairs in the last building on the left at the east end of
      the lot above Greene Music.

      See you there.