User Group meeting Thursday, August 16th!

  • Dan Denney
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2012
      Our presentation will be "SQL Test Driven Development"

      Session Abstract:
      A lot of work has been done of the the years with Test Driven Development.
      With new test runners on the market for SQL, we can now start to bring TDD
      into SQL. In this session will be using SQL Server Management Studio, to
      take a ball-park swing at SQL TDD.

      We will cover: What is TDD
      What are the Goals of SQL TDD
      What are unit tests
      What are SQL Unit tests
      What we should and should not test in SQL
      How tests are a by-product of SQL TDD, not the goal
      The current state of SQL TDD
      What is needed for the future of SQL TDD

      Presenter: Jim Bears

      Please join us for pizza and networking starting at 6:00 followed by our
      discussion at 6:30.

      Meeting location:
      New Horizons Computer Learning Center
      7480 Miramar Road Suite B202
      San Diego, CA 92126
      Detail directions to the building:
      East on Miramar Road from the 805.
      Turn left on Carroll Road at the Pyramid.
      Turn right into the parking lot.
      Suite B202 is upstairs in the last building on the left at the east end of
      the lot above Greene Music.

      See you there.