SD SQL Server User Group meeting - May 17th!

  • Dan Denney
    Message 1 of 1 , May 10, 2012
      Our presentation will be "Up Your Game With OUTPUT"

      Session Abstract:
      There are some classic database programming tasks that rely on answering
      the question "What did I just change?" Prior to SQL Server 2005, we had to
      use functions like SCOPE_IDENTITY() and some extra tricks for handling
      multiple rows. Some people even had to resort to triggers. Yikes!! This
      session focuses on the practical use cases for the T-SQL OUTPUT clause.
      More importantly, you will find out how you can ditch the tricks of the
      past for a simpler solution that will help keep you sane.

      Speaker Bio:
      Phil Helmer has been working with relational databases for the last 10
      years, the last half of that with SQL Server. He is particularly involved
      with database design/development as well as modifying databases to scale.
      He is currently a Database Engineer in San Diego for the cloud storage firm
      Nirvanix, Inc. Phil also has a degree in Management Information Systems
      from the University of New Orleans.

      Please join us for pizza and networking starting at 6:00 followed by our
      presentations at 6:30.

      Meeting location:
      New Horizons Computer Learning Center
      7480 Miramar Road Suite B202
      San Diego, CA 92126
      Detail directions to the building:
      East on Miramar Road from the 805.
      Turn left on Carroll Road at the Pyramid.
      Turn right into the parking lot.
      Suite B202 is upstairs in the last building on the left at the east end of
      the lot above Greene Music.

      See you there.