SQL Saturday 120 - Pre-Con with Denny Cherry - "All About Data Storage"

  • Dan Denney
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16, 2012
      Get in on an all day, in-depth deep dive into data storage with Microsoft
      Certified Master and MVP Denny Cherry, for only $99!

      "All About Data Storage"
      One of the biggest issues in database performance is around storage. It�s
      also one of the hardest places to troubleshoot performance issues because
      storage engineers and database administrators often do not speak the same
      language. In this session, we�ll be looking at storage from both the
      database and storage perspectives. We�ll be digging into LUNs, HBAs, the
      fabric, as well as the storage configuration.

      As this is a pre-con session we'll be able to really dig into some advanced
      storage configurations. This includes RAID groups, multi-pathing software,
      proper redundant storage network design. We will also be digging into
      some advanced storage array backup techniques including taking storage
      level clones and snapshots. After going over these advanced techniques we
      will dig into how these can best be used to backup the SQL Server
      environment to provide maximum redundancy with no recurring tape costs.

      About Denny Cherry
      Denny Cherry is an independent consultant with over a decade of experience
      working with platforms such as Microsoft SQL Server, Hyper-V, vSphere and
      Enterprise Storage solutions. Denny�s areas of technical expertise include
      system architecture, performance tuning, security, replication and
      troubleshooting. Denny currently holds several of the Microsoft
      Certifications related to SQL Server for versions 2000 through 2008
      including the Microsoft Certified Master for SQL Server 2008 as well as
      being a Microsoft MVP for several years.

      Event will be held at the Micorsoft MTC office in Irvine, CA on Friday,
      March 23rd.

      For details: http://sqlsat120precon.eventbrite.com