Meeting tonight 1/19/2012

  • Phil Robinson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2012
      SQL Server Professionals,

      Please join us for pizza and networking starting at 6:00 followed by our
      presentations at 6:30.

      Our presentation will be "Performance Tuning with Traces "
      Session Abstract:

      We'll touch on SQL Profiler and review its best practices so that you don't
      impact the production system while gathering data. We'll take a deep dive
      into server-side traces (SQL Trace) and show how you can run a constant
      server-side trace with little impact on the production system. We'll also
      examine the things that I look for when troubleshooting performance issues.
      Speaker Bio:

      Tara Kizer has 14 years of experience with SQL Server, 11 of it as a DBA.
      She currently works at Qualcomm, where she is a DBA supporting mission
      critical systems with high availability requirements. She has been a
      Microsoft SQL Server Most Valuable Professional (MVP) since July of 2007.
      She is the top contributor (28k+ posts) in the SQLTeam.com forums and posts
      under the username tkizer.
      Meeting location:

      New Horizons Computer Learning Center
      7480 Miramar Road Suite B202
      San Diego, CA 92126

      Detail directions to the building:

      East on Miramar Road from the 805.
      Turn left on Carroll Road at the Pyramid.
      Turn right into the parking lot.
      Suite B202 is upstairs in the last building on the left at the east end of
      the lot above Greene Music.

      See you there.